My nutritionist recommended this

Posted by Reviewer2781095 on Jan 19, 2008

My doctor and nutritionist both recommended Milk Thistle to me years ago to keep a healthy liver as I have chronic Epstein Barr. My gallbladder functions are slowing with age and again it helps keep it happy.

ANCIENT REMEDY

Posted by Reviewer3145151 on Oct 26, 2007

I use this since being prescribed it years ago by a recognised herbalist. Need to stop for alternate months as it is high in saponins.

Excellent Product That Works

Posted by Reviewer2264946 on Jul 13, 2008

Though I drink alcohol very little, not to excess, and never have past my late high school/early college years, my liver panel always has shown my gamma GT (ggt) a little high, a sign of cirrhosis. Now I take red yeast rice to reduce cholesterol and all statins turn the liver production of cholesterol down, essentially damage the liver. I have been taking this product 2x daily for over a year and my past two liver tests show better than normal, so I assume, since I have not changed anything else, it must be helping me. I took it years ago after a disability insurance blood exam showed possible liver problems, and it helped me pass the second blood test, then I quit. Silymarin has a history of helping the liver to heal. High ggt seems to run in my family, and some are non-drinkers. I am not pro-herbal, but this works for me.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1447328 on Feb 16, 2009

I like this brand of milk thistle because it doesn't give me indigestion like some of the cheap store brands do. It also contains dandelion root which is also beneficial for liver health.

Milk Thistle.

Posted by Reviewer2379124 on Apr 03, 2009

I was diagnosed as having a fatty liver. Got straight onto the net to find out what that meant! Milk Thistle, apparently, can help to remove that condition. iHerb was the cheapest out there and since I have had their products before I knew I would get good quality without being ripped off. I am very hopeful this will be of benefit.