Random allergies disappeared

Posted by Reviewer1246497 on May 25, 2015

I just wanted to do some detox and bought this product hoping it would cleanse out something. But what I got from my first bottle was much more than that. I used to suffer from everyday fatigue and random skin allergies. For past several years, my skin would form small rashes usually around hands and feet around night time and sometimes throughout the whole body causing itchiness. As I started taking Silymarin daily with multi vitamins, I felt much easier waking up in the morning. Around half way through the bottle, I realized that my skin has been normal and didn't form any rashes. I did not expect this to happen since many dermatologists that I consulted with diagnosed that the symptoms are nothing more than random allergic reactions caused by my highly sensitive skin. After my first bottle, I'm giving some time until my second so that hopefully my body don't become immune to silymarin, however I am definitely happy and will buy a second one.

Very poor service

Posted by 5606869854793168734 on Dec 13, 2015

I never received the product. When I wrote an e-mail asking for answers I was told that shipping milk thistle into Sweden is not allowed (which I find very strange). I was not offered refunds nor any kind of compensation. When I asked if I could get a refund or perhaps get something else than the milk thistle I received an e-mail saying that the matter would be looked into. I then never heard back. I payed almost 90 dollars which is a lot of money to me. What I don´t understand is why no one bothered to write back to give some sort of an explanation. This simply is in my opinion a very bad way to run your business and hardly a good way to get a good reputation. The only reason I even rated one star is because it is not possible to rate with zero stars.

Silymarin and Curcumin

Posted by TinVal on Aug 19, 2012

The combination of Milk Thistle with Turmeric is far more protective than two herbs separately. Be careful because Milk thistle can lower blood sugar and must be used with caution if you have sever hypoglycemia. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Note: If you plan to use these herbs in long term make sure you have artichoke to alternate the herbs.

LOve IT

Posted by Reviewer2371998 on Feb 10, 2010

I use this every other mouth to detox my liver my eyes are clear and my energy level is much better

Excellent liver protector & cleanser

Posted by Reviewer2640003 on Nov 25, 2007

I just love this product, in fact I love all of the NOW products that my family & I are using. My son is taking medication which can be damaging to his liver for the past 5 years. But all of his blood tests have been good and I believe that is due to this product.

excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2750099 on Mar 02, 2008

Using this for my 8 year old standard poodle who has chronic hepatitus. So can only speak for the improvment I have seen in her since beginning use of this. Dissolves easily...important for administering

Great product-Saved my life

Posted by Reviewer1519331 on May 16, 2011

I started taking this after I suffered from a "self diagnosed" gall stone blockage. I went to the emergency room and was in extreme pain for several hours until they administered pain meds. Anyway, after all that fun I started my Silymarin routine. No more emergency room runs and I have been pain free for a year. I have changed my diet dramatically as well. However, between this and Now's Curcumin and Dr. Vanessa's LiverClean and a few other gooodies I'm a new person and pain free.

It comes with tumeric which is a plus

Posted by limango on Jul 03, 2016

have always known the goodness of tumeric and being a regular drinker, always thought its good to aid the liver on a semi-regular basis. But read on WebMD that "milk thistle may mimic the effects of estrogen, some women should avoid this herb. This includes women who have fibroid tumors or endometriosis. Additionally, women with breast, uterine, and ovarian cancers should not take milk thistle."

Recommended for PCOS

Posted by Konnichiwa on Dec 24, 2015

This was recommended to me to help my PCOS issues. This is one of the most crucial herbs for improving liver function. As the liver is the main organ of detoxification, this herb is extremely useful in the treatment of PCOS. See my other reviews of supplements/herbs that I take to help with my PCOS.

Excellent