Excellent for the Liver

Posted by 5698323975356349324 on Apr 12, 2016

I had a swollen liver and backed up gallbladder. I took different herbs, mainly Herb Pharm's Stone Breaker formula (AMAZING) and Chanca Piedra to clear up my gallbladder and Now Foods' Double Strength Silymarin. I took the stone breaking herbs for about three weeks before starting on my liver cleanse. My chronic, moderate gallbladder was reduced in three days and 70% gone by three weeks. At this time I started into Now Foods' Silymarin. Right away (40 minutes or so) I could hear my liver gurgling a bit and within two days my swollen liver of the past seven or so months was greatly reduced in size. Fast forward to the end of the bottle, my liver seemed to be fully back to normal, my energy levels were up by about 30% compared to before and my chronic back ache that was there for years was gone, gone, GONE. I could also again eat peanuts again for the first time in years without getting a HUGE, live 300 to 700 pimple outbreak on my back. As is, I use peanuts as my liver test. If I eat a bag and I get the odd pimple, it's time to go back and use Silymarin and other herbs to clean things up again.

This product does not list the extract potency ratio.

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Mar 22, 2010

This product does not list on the label what the extract potency ratio is. This is very important information for all Milk Thistle consumers. Paradise Herbs, on the other hand, does list the potency ratio concentration. Now Foods is very good at purposely leaving out information on the label that would be helpful to consumers. More transparency and less marketing, please.

Taking Milk Thistle for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

Posted by Reviewer2747608 on Oct 23, 2010

All I know is my liver enzymes are completely normal. I don't know if it is the milk thistle, but I take it anytime I am exposed to toxins (xylene in new floor adhesives recently, insecticides from golf course). It changed a reg. nurse friend's Hep C blood work to negative after years of bad numbers. I am a RN and I have no idea if it works, but I think it does.

Help in detoxifying oestrogens

Posted by Reviewer2865067 on Dec 07, 2013

I took that Sillymarin to detoxify my body from excess oestrogens. I was stuck at a certain weight and begun to loose fat again after adapting my diet to anti-oestrogenic, which Sillymarin is part of.

good for your liver

Posted by Reviewer1893145 on Mar 17, 2014

I take these to better digest food. When I eat fat, I have to drink coffee, or alcohol to proper digest fat. For me Silymarin works as well as coffee, so I have cut out my coffee habit.

very good

Posted by coupon-code-NOV689 on Feb 07, 2012

very good for the liver drink more than a year and there is no discomfort in the liver bolkak very strong and works well I will buy again can not live without it

Very Good!!

Posted by Reviewer1524137 on Mar 07, 2012

This supplement is very high quality. The hangover is unrelated existence since I took this supplement.

FEELING BETTER

Posted by Reviewer2773470 on Oct 05, 2011

My doctor wanted me to take this Extract. I feel better. It is easy on your stomach.

Super product

Posted by Reviewer2477918 on Aug 15, 2010

I take 2 tablets daily to be sure that my liver is healthy and works properly

Great Value

Posted by Reviewer1145404 on Oct 12, 2009

Milk Thistle is known to be best for liver detox, this blend is great, the product represents best value on the market.