Now Foods, Silymarin, Milk Thistle Extract, 2X - 300 mg, 200 Veggie Caps

Reviews 5-star

Your liver’s best friend!!!

Posted by My-Review-Page on Oct 09, 2013

I bought milk thistle after hearing the news that one of the six people sickened in Loomis by death cap mushroom survived after receiving a drug derived from milk thistle. The other four who did not receive the treatment died. The University of Maryland Medical Center states that animal studies have found that milk thistle extract completely counteracts toxic effects when given within 10 minutes of consumption. It can also significantly decrease the toxic effects on the liver if given within the first 24 hours. Now I take milk thistle each time I eat mushrooms---Of course I don’t have to be sick before taking milk thistle. Milk thistle is the best single herb for liver health and detoxification.

Help in detoxifying oestrogens

Posted by Reviewer2865067 on Dec 07, 2013

I took that Sillymarin to detoxify my body from excess oestrogens. I was stuck at a certain weight and begun to loose fat again after adapting my diet to anti-oestrogenic, which Sillymarin is part of.

good product

Posted by Ladygreen on May 26, 2014

I don't have liver issues but taking it as preventative. One thing I noticed: if I take it before I go to the party with drinks, I do not get drunk!! It protects your liver from alcohol and does not let it into your blood. It is a great liver protector.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Oct 25, 2008

I think it's good stuff. For me it's perfect for a detox of the liver, kidney and spleen. I think a felt a detox affect of taking these capsule. Because after taking it I felt drunk....stoned....but that's normal if you have a heavy detox (I use more supplements). I started with one capsule a day the first week, now I take 2 a day, one in the morning and one in the evening...and don't feel the detox effect anymore. That was only the first 2 days.

Taking Milk Thistle for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

Posted by Reviewer2747608 on Oct 23, 2010

All I know is my liver enzymes are completely normal. I don't know if it is the milk thistle, but I take it anytime I am exposed to toxins (xylene in new floor adhesives recently, insecticides from golf course). It changed a reg. nurse friend's Hep C blood work to negative after years of bad numbers. I am a RN and I have no idea if it works, but I think it does.