July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, Slippery Elm, 400 mg, 100 Capsules

Reviews 1-star

Never Became Mucilaginous in Water

Posted by 4810737805201878325 on Jul 01, 2014

I had slippery elm powder before here in Australia. I found it helped a lot with my stomach issues. I got 2 bottles of this Now slippery elm capsules because I was going overseas and it'd be a lot easier to just take capsules while I was travelling. I've been using the capsules for a few days now and I didn't feel it's doing anything. So I thought I'd try to open capsules into a 1/3 cup of warm water to melt it, then pour 2/3 cup of water as I used to do. But, in my surprise, when I put 7 capsules which was about one teaspoonful, it never became mucilaginous (slimey, gel-like) in texture. I put 2 more caps. It's just like water. I left it several minutes, it never became mucilaginous unlike my powder that I used before. I don't believe, this Now slippery elm capsule's got any actual quality of real slippery elm bark at all. When I tried it, the taste was also different. This one has almost no taste. Now is a well known health product company and I've used many other now products. I'm very disappointed and don't know what to trust if this kind of a big company is doing this. For now, I'm going back to the powder that's from a just small local company and stay away from any capsule forms.

gerd

Posted by Reviewer3070506 on May 02, 2008

did not help me with my heart burn

DIDN'T WORK

Posted by Reviewer1988306 on May 19, 2012

I was using for IBS with constipation, did not work at all, not even slightly!