Never Became Mucilaginous in Water

Posted by 4810737805201878325 on Jul 01, 2014

I had slippery elm powder before here in Australia. I found it helped a lot with my stomach issues. I got 2 bottles of this Now slippery elm capsules because I was going overseas and it'd be a lot easier to just take capsules while I was travelling. I've been using the capsules for a few days now and I didn't feel it's doing anything. So I thought I'd try to open capsules into a 1/3 cup of warm water to melt it, then pour 2/3 cup of water as I used to do. But, in my surprise, when I put 7 capsules which was about one teaspoonful, it never became mucilaginous (slimey, gel-like) in texture. I put 2 more caps. It's just like water. I left it several minutes, it never became mucilaginous unlike my powder that I used before. I don't believe, this Now slippery elm capsule's got any actual quality of real slippery elm bark at all. When I tried it, the taste was also different. This one has almost no taste. Now is a well known health product company and I've used many other now products. I'm very disappointed and don't know what to trust if this kind of a big company is doing this. For now, I'm going back to the powder that's from a just small local company and stay away from any capsule forms.

DIDN'T WORK

Posted by Reviewer1988306 on May 19, 2012

I was using for IBS with constipation, did not work at all, not even slightly!

gerd

Posted by Reviewer3070506 on May 02, 2008

did not help me with my heart burn