Slippery Elm, Powder

Posted by TinVal on Aug 21, 2012

Hot slippery elm tea is a perfect end to a stressful day. Additional benefits are relieving gastrointestinal issues and as a nutritive herb (containing a number of nutrients).

HELPS HEAL LEAKY GUT, AIDS DIGESTION

Posted by judyskitchen on Jul 30, 2012

My health practitioner recommended this product as part of a protocol for healing my leaky gut and aiding my digestion. I use it several times a day before meals. I heat water to very warm, not hot, in a cup and add 1 tsp. slippery elm powder and 1/2 tsp. glutamine powder. Let it sit for 5 minutes, stir, drink. I don't add sweetener because I find the taste pleasant on its own, but sweetener can be added if desired. I also brew a half cup before bedtime. This calms my digestive system from top to bottom.

better taste than expected

Posted by Reviewer1310601 on Feb 17, 2012

I was very surprised how good this tasted in my herbal tea. I like it at night before I go to bed to settle my stomach and I just don't seem to have the stomach discomfort that I had a couple of weeks ago. I did also give up sugar in my diet. I tried making thes into a capsule, but I did not feel any difference at all. I think its best to sip on it as a tea. alot of product for your money

Good to soothe the stomach

Posted by Reviewer2506673 on Jan 30, 2012

I tried this after my doctor recommended and really liked it. I have been adding 1 tsp to my tea when my stomach is not feeling the best and it really helps.

slippery elm

Posted by Reviewer1929489 on Jan 17, 2012

the slippery elm powder is great for digestion--i mix it with hot water twice a day, usually after a meal

fine good product

Posted by Reviewer1425507 on Jan 14, 2012

good

Pleasant but laborious to use

Posted by Reviewer2132105 on Dec 10, 2011

I find this too laborious to use now that I have tried the extract version. I like the taste though.

Great for an irritated Gastric System

Posted by Reviewer2789164 on Oct 30, 2011

I use it for stomach burning due to an ulcer. It coats the stomach lining and helps to settle the pain. Will buy again

Seems to be working

Posted by Reviewer2606631 on Sep 20, 2011

I have Barrett's Esophagus. I really do not like taking Rx meds, so I've been searching for alternatives on and off for about a year to keep my GERD under control. Recently I've been drinking the Slippery Elm tea a few times per day and seems to be keeping the fires at bay without the use of omeprazole or other medications. I was also using d-limonene for 20+ days, so I'm sure that has played a role in quenching the burn.

soothing on the intestines

Posted by gypsyjuju on Aug 31, 2011

good tea, good price - tried and true cure for intestinal disorders