Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Slippery Elm, Powder, 4 oz (113 g)

Slippery Elm, Powder

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 21, 2012

Hot slippery elm tea is a perfect end to a stressful day. Additional benefits are relieving gastrointestinal issues and as a nutritive herb (containing a number of nutrients).

HELPS HEAL LEAKY GUT, AIDS DIGESTION

Posted by judyskitchen on Jul 30, 2012

My health practitioner recommended this product as part of a protocol for healing my leaky gut and aiding my digestion. I use it several times a day before meals. I heat water to very warm, not hot, in a cup and add 1 tsp. slippery elm powder and 1/2 tsp. glutamine powder. Let it sit for 5 minutes, stir, drink. I don't add sweetener because I find the taste pleasant on its own, but sweetener can be added if desired. I also brew a half cup before bedtime. This calms my digestive system from top to bottom.

Good for diverticulitis & any stomach upset.

Posted by ShelleyP on Apr 08, 2009

Wow - this is wonderful stuff! I won't be without it now. My husband has mild diverticulitis and the slippery elm seems to settle down abdominal pain and gas very quickly. I take some pain medication in the evening due to low back pain, which often upsets my stomach no matter how much water I drink. I take a heaping tsp. of the slippery elm (or a little more) in a few oz. water and it settles down my stomach in just a few minutes.

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1547705 on Dec 12, 2009

I read all the reviews before I bought the Slippery Elm Powder... many said this was amazing for indigestion and they were right. The first time I took it, my stomach acid calmed down. It was the most amazing relief I had had with anything else, including prescription medications. Only thing is that I have to continue to drink it as a tea whenever the acid ingestion comes back, which is couple times a day. I can see why one reviewer said she keeps a cup handy and takes sips as she needs it. By the way, I love the NOW products. Good quality and reasonable prices.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1002441 on Mar 05, 2009

Add to morning protein drink, mixes well, tastes fine. Helps heal intestinal lining, diagnosed with diverticulitus, also changed diet.