Now Foods, Slippery Elm, Powder, 4 oz (113 g)

Soothes the stomach

Posted by Reviewer1745818 on Apr 23, 2009

This really does work! I make a tea with about 1 tsp of powder. It gets kind of thick so it might not appeal to everyone, the capsules also work. My prescription antacid wasn't working so I had to try something different. So glad I did.

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1547705 on Dec 12, 2009

I read all the reviews before I bought the Slippery Elm Powder... many said this was amazing for indigestion and they were right. The first time I took it, my stomach acid calmed down. It was the most amazing relief I had had with anything else, including prescription medications. Only thing is that I have to continue to drink it as a tea whenever the acid ingestion comes back, which is couple times a day. I can see why one reviewer said she keeps a cup handy and takes sips as she needs it. By the way, I love the NOW products. Good quality and reasonable prices.

Slippery Elm, Powder

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 21, 2012

Hot slippery elm tea is a perfect end to a stressful day. Additional benefits are relieving gastrointestinal issues and as a nutritive herb (containing a number of nutrients).

Mapley Flavor!

Posted by Reviewer2257340 on Aug 21, 2009

My ND recommended slippery elm powder to aid my digestion. Directions say to simmer several minutes, but I add either slightly warm or even cold almond milk and it mixes just fine. It has a sweet, mapley flavor than reminds me of a hot cereal I ate as a child. I have also been adding it to raw almond meal cookies, dehydrated in the hot sun. Tastes like an oatmeal cookie, but it's gluten free!

Good for diverticulitis & any stomach upset.

Posted by ShelleyP on Apr 08, 2009

Wow - this is wonderful stuff! I won't be without it now. My husband has mild diverticulitis and the slippery elm seems to settle down abdominal pain and gas very quickly. I take some pain medication in the evening due to low back pain, which often upsets my stomach no matter how much water I drink. I take a heaping tsp. of the slippery elm (or a little more) in a few oz. water and it settles down my stomach in just a few minutes.