10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

Now Foods, Slippery Elm, Powder, 4 oz (113 g)

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer3172866 on Nov 16, 2008

Bought this for my CRF cat to help soothe his tummy. As always I am happy with any product I buy from iherb.com. Fred doesn't care for the slippery elm but he is eating better since taking it, I only gave it for 3 days, that's as long as he would tolerate it. He get meds 5 times a day so it wasn't the slippery elm product he was objecting to I'm sure, it's the adding more meds that was the problem. He has been taking many meds for over 2 years now!!

Good

Posted by Reviewer1002441 on Mar 05, 2009

Add to morning protein drink, mixes well, tastes fine. Helps heal intestinal lining, diagnosed with diverticulitus, also changed diet.

Wouldn't be without this

Posted by Reviewer1264200 on Jul 27, 2009

Use it to calm down intestines when food allergies act up. Mix 1.5 tsp with 8 oz. water, microwave for 4 minutes, cool and drink, works every time! Great price!

Mapley Flavor!

Posted by Reviewer2257340 on Aug 21, 2009

My ND recommended slippery elm powder to aid my digestion. Directions say to simmer several minutes, but I add either slightly warm or even cold almond milk and it mixes just fine. It has a sweet, mapley flavor than reminds me of a hot cereal I ate as a child. I have also been adding it to raw almond meal cookies, dehydrated in the hot sun. Tastes like an oatmeal cookie, but it's gluten free!

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1547705 on Dec 12, 2009

I read all the reviews before I bought the Slippery Elm Powder... many said this was amazing for indigestion and they were right. The first time I took it, my stomach acid calmed down. It was the most amazing relief I had had with anything else, including prescription medications. Only thing is that I have to continue to drink it as a tea whenever the acid ingestion comes back, which is couple times a day. I can see why one reviewer said she keeps a cup handy and takes sips as she needs it. By the way, I love the NOW products. Good quality and reasonable prices.