July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, Slippery Elm, Powder, 4 oz (113 g)

Slippery Elm, Powder

Posted by 4826409171493070946 on Aug 01, 2013

I was diagnosed with bile reflux and read that this product may be helpful. I ordered and found this to be true. I used the first bottle and recently ordered two more. It mixes well and is helpful. I feel safe using it as often as I need.

HELPS HEAL LEAKY GUT, AIDS DIGESTION

Posted by judyskitchen on Jul 30, 2012

My health practitioner recommended this product as part of a protocol for healing my leaky gut and aiding my digestion. I use it several times a day before meals. I heat water to very warm, not hot, in a cup and add 1 tsp. slippery elm powder and 1/2 tsp. glutamine powder. Let it sit for 5 minutes, stir, drink. I don't add sweetener because I find the taste pleasant on its own, but sweetener can be added if desired. I also brew a half cup before bedtime. This calms my digestive system from top to bottom.

Seems to be working

Posted by Reviewer2606631 on Sep 20, 2011

I have Barrett's Esophagus. I really do not like taking Rx meds, so I've been searching for alternatives on and off for about a year to keep my GERD under control. Recently I've been drinking the Slippery Elm tea a few times per day and seems to be keeping the fires at bay without the use of omeprazole or other medications. I was also using d-limonene for 20+ days, so I'm sure that has played a role in quenching the burn.

very soothing

Posted by cahealthpractiioner on Nov 27, 2009

Excellent for gastric distress. Very gentle and soothing.

Excellent service and product

Posted by Reviewer1534216 on Dec 09, 2009

Used it for my acid reflux and it has helped tremendously. It gets kind of thick like cream farina with a maple flavor but not sweet. So i put less in the cup and use water or soy milk with some stevia of course.