Now Foods, Solutions, Avocado Oil, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

BEST facial moisturizer I have tried

Posted by Reviewer1092579 on Sep 28, 2011

I'm 20 years old and have been battling with acne for many years. I have tried pretty much every single product out there that claims it will clear your skin. I've tried Pro-active, Clinique, Olay, Aveeno, Neutrogena, Biore, Lush, the Body Shop... you name it, I've slapped it on my face. I am so happy I found iHerb and came across this product. After years of slathering chemicals into my skin, I really think my skin appreciates the simplicity of avocado oil. Results were visible almost immediately, but after a month of use, I can say that my skin has never looked this good. My skin tone has evened out, my pores are smaller, my blackheads are practically non-existent, the small wrinkles I had on my forehead have disappeared, and the dark shallow skin under my eyes has plumped up and gained some colour. I was really nervous of applying pure oil to my face. It seems so counterintuitive; everything I've ever read for acne help has advised to use oil-free products. However, I've learned that OF COURSE they are going to advise that, because they are trying to sell you something else. They are going to tell you you need to spread salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide into your skin because if they can get people believing that, they make money. If there's one thing your skin needs, it's OIL, and I would bet my life that more than half the acne sufferers in the world have their problems because they are trying too hard to eliminate oil on their face. Looking back now I can't believe how much money I dropped over the years on horrible "miracle products." It makes me sick that those companies still market their acidic, chemical-laden products to poor kids struggling with acne. They' don't care if their products partially exacerbate acne, because that keeps the people buying it. No company wants to totally cure their consumers! Anyway, I think EVERYONE should use avocado oil, or at least seek more natural solutions and stop succumbing to the bullshark spewed by cosmetic companies.

Fantasic skin !

Posted by notsteveaustin on Feb 29, 2008

My mom uses this and is 88 and her skin is wrinkle free. She says its the avocado oil. (and staying out of the sun)

very good

Posted by Reviewer1356542 on Jan 05, 2009

makes skin feel fantastic. i place this under beeceuticals balm available at iherb. avocodo oil is meant to stimulate the water soluable collagen component of the skin and contains a whole load of goodies (protein and vitamins including potassium). Have a look on Pubmed for the research. I use this avocado oil during the day (its a golden colour) and the green avocado oil at night.

Keeps facial skin firm and toned -

Posted by Reviewer1615634 on Oct 23, 2007

At 50+ years I have firm toned skin - even on the neck. Massage a bit of avocado oil on face & neck at night after cleansing. Keeps skin nice and firm.

nf avocado oil

Posted by Reviewer1439551 on Jan 24, 2009

excellent for hair instead of conditioners which dry hair - detangles, defrizzes and softens hair - use a drop after washing hair; great facial moisturizer - softens lines - good results on chaffed skin