Now Foods, Solutions, European Clay Powder, 6 oz (170 g)

great for face masks

Posted by Reviewer3020750 From California on Oct 19, 2008

I really like this for making face masks. I usually take a little of this powder, and wet it down w/ aubrey organics 100% aloe vera and add a few drops of tea tree oil for a great, all natural, deep cleansing mask. but the wonderful thing is that you can use it as a base and then add things for your specific skin type. a jar will usually last me about 9 months using 1-2x per week.

Can be beneficial or a complete disaster, use sparingly.

Posted by jeaninegabrielle From Singapore on Jul 29, 2013

I was very excited to start using clay powder masks and this is the first one I've tried. The first time I used it I made the mistake of leaving it on for a tad too long, I could feel the mask tugging at my skin and I could even feel my pulse. After washing off my skin felt amazing, and blackheads had come to the surface, making them extractable with very light pressure. I was so happy with my new discovery. However, I woke up the next morning with red, inflamed skin, a similar reaction I had to other beauty products. I figured it was because I left it on for too long and perhaps added too much clay and not enough liquid. I use Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel to mix with the clay. After my skin had recovered from the incident I tried a more diluted mixture, and it worked well. I wash it off just before it fully dries. DO NOT LEAVE IT ON UNTIL YOU FEEL YOUR PULSE! I should have stuck to that but I got adventurous and added tea tree oil to the mix. It was a big mistake, it went on feeling very refreshing but after 10 minutes my face was on fire and I had to deal with having red, irritated, painful skin for almost a week. So, for those of you with sensitive skin, use this sparingly, you don't necessarily have to use a thick paste, it can be too drying and cause irritation instead. Avoid mixing with oils like tea tree cos it can really burn through your skin. I also use this occasionally as a spot treatment so I don't run the risk of over drying my entire face. A little goes a long way.

Terrific!!

Posted by Reviewer2468010 From New York on Mar 07, 2010

Be patient with Green Clay. If you have a spotty complexion, it will draw the impurities out -- and for a time your skin may break out. But that ends after a time. Meanwhile, your skin cleaner and tighter. Once those impurities (or hidden zits) are gone, wow! I use 2 tsps of the clay for a mask, plus 2 drops of tea tree oil.

Posted by Reviewer3003331 From Canada on Mar 20, 2011

Great texture, mixes well, detoxifies quickly...use with grapeseed oil if you have dry skin

Great for Acne

Posted by Reviewer2897505 From Washington on Jul 30, 2010

I have just started using clay masks and I really like the way this one feels. I have only been using this for a couple of weeks, but I already notice improvement to my skin, tigther pores and even complexion. I mix a little of apple cider vinegar and water into mine.