Stay Away!

Posted by EdiblyOrganic on Sep 05, 2013

I DID love this toothpaste, because within two weeks I could see a that my teeth were definitely whiter! That was until months later, when I found that it was stripping the enamel off of my teeth!!i I've never had sensitive teeth, but after using this toothpaste I do. Now, whenever I eat cold. hot or crunchy things I suffer!! If my review has been helpful to you, please kindly click on the 'yes' link down below. ;)

Don't waste money buying this product!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

The toothpaste is reasonably priced for its size. With Xylitol (for the sweet taste) and its cool minty taste, the toothpaste seems like an ideal choice for those who want to avoid any sodium fluoride or sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) in their toothpaste while whitening their teeth. The toothpaste uses two agents for whitening, papain and hydrated silica. Papain does not help much in whitening. Hydrated silica is used as abrasive and basically used to "shrub" off the top layer of the tooth in order to achieve its whitening effect. It's like using sandpaper to clean your teeth. It damages your enamels and makes it very sensitive. That's why most of the 1 star review is about sensitive tooth! In addition, the toothpaste contains potasium sorbate, a preservative known to cause allergic reaction and sodium coco sulfate. Sodium coco sulfate has the exact same chemical structure as SLS. So much for being SLS free! Personal experience - I have sensitive teeth and it seems worse. I will not use this again. Check out my page for more reviews!

Great toothpaste

Posted by honestreviews1 on Apr 23, 2013

This is a great toothpaste. Giving it only 4 stars as I wish it has more peppermint (but that has nothing to do the the performance of this product as a toothpaste). Update on April 2013 - Changed my mind. This is a crappy toothpaste. After using this for sometime, my teeth became sensitive! Not again.

Tastes good but some ingredients questionable

Posted by KiwiKent on May 09, 2015

Daughters absolutely loved this toothpaste but on closer look the ingredients don't stack up. Our mouth and gums are VERY vascular. Some medications & herbal remedies, like sublingual nitroglycerin & arnica, are taken and administered under the tongue. So what you put in your mouth should be as pure as possible. Ingredients glycerine, sorbitol, papain, and sodium coco-sulphate have question marks over them. Glycerin is thought to leave a coating on the teeth, possibly contributing to de-mineralization and preventing re-mineralization (the layering of minerals back into the enamel structure). Sodium lauryl sulfate and coco-sulfate are basically the same thing chemically. Coco-sulfate tends to be a bit gentler because the ingredients (usually coconut or palm kernel oils) are less purified. Sorbitol is an artificial sweetener. If this review helped click YES. Click on the blue text above (kiwikent) for more reviews.

not safe for breastfeeding and pregnant women

Posted by Reviewer2769965 on Jan 09, 2012

toothpaste ok, helped gums but not tooth enamel (actually was quite bad for my tooth enamel). should not be used for breastfeeding or during pregnancy as it has menthol and tea tree oil. I wish the package had a warning somewhere.

Made teeth sensitive

Posted by Reviewer3018124 on Oct 20, 2011

This toothpaste made both mine and my wife's teeth very sensitive. Don't know if we received a bad batch but we would never use it again.

I wish I could use Xyliwhite

Posted by Reviewer3133067 on Sep 13, 2010

I loved it when I first bought it, so much that I stocked up and purchased several more. After using about one tube of Xyliwhite my teeth are getting very painful and sensitive. I have never had sensitive teeth in my life. Initially I liked this because it didn't dry out my mouth. and overall my mouth was feeling fresher and healthier....until my teeth started hurting. When I breathe in my front teeth ache like if you were exposed to extreme cold. I wouldn't recommend this - it's the only product from NOW foods that I have had bad luck with.

This Contains Carrageenan: A very common, but Dangerous Additive

Posted by Reviewer2981204 on Oct 20, 2012

I'm not so sure if using this Toothpaste Gel is safe after viewing this website.I like to know what you people think about it. I'm gonna just go with another Toothpaste until i feel Now Foods can convince me this is safe enough. http://blog.charisholisticcenter.com/2010/07/28/read-your-labels-carrageenan-a-very-common-but-dangerous-additive.aspx Dr. Ray Peat, PhD, It has been found to cause colitis(inflammation of the large intestine/colon) and anaphylaxis (life threatening allergic reaction) in humans. Dr. Andrew Weil says, “Carrageenan can cause ulcerations and cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.” Just because seaweed is natural - does not mean it is a healthy food for human beings. The red seaweed from which carrageenan has been derived from - should be avoided. It isn’t worth the possibility of gastrointestinal disease or cancer

Not effective at all

Posted by Reviewer3037449 on May 09, 2015

After brushing my teeth, I don't feel clean and fresh. I have used natural toothpaste many times before, so I'm not comparing with the commercial toxic ones. Both me and my husband have noticed bad breath when using this, and that has never been a problem before.

Caused Painful gum

Posted by 5387662337953738343 on Jun 08, 2014

I have totally healthy gum n teeth, I never had any problems with ordinary "chemical based" toothpastes before. However, this product caused me to have a feeling of painful gum after brushing teeth. I wasn't so sure if it was due to this product, until I heard my brother also feels the same as me. I bought 4 of these at once, I am going to throw this. I regret buying it.