Soy vs. Whey Protein

Posted by Reviewer1516413 on Dec 12, 2008

I ordered both this product and Jarrow unflavored whey protein to compare the two. Both were bland to flavorless with no after-taste. The Now soy protein is about 25% less expensive. But the soy protein does not dissolve completely, even after 60sec of vigorous shaking in the iHerb Blender Bottle. When you drink it, you can feel it in your mouth: definitely not gritty, perhaps not even chalky, but certainly noticeable. In contrast, the Jarrow whey protein dissolves completely after a few shakes of the blender bottle. For me, the complete dissolving is worth the 25% premium so my choice is the whey.

Price is right

Posted by Reviewer2350044 on Dec 19, 2007

Some years ago when my hair started falling out due to low thyroid I went to my local health food store for help! I do take medication for the low thyroid but it wasn't enough. Since taking the soy protein for some years now I have no more hair loss. It helped me for sure!

good . . . . but

Posted by Reviewer2421378 on Oct 16, 2007

Great protein powder for a great price. I just wish it was certified non-GMO.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer1684620 on May 18, 2009

Great way to add protein to your diet!

Good for you protein!

Posted by Reviewer2010542 on Aug 16, 2011

I use this protein powder as a soy additive to my diet

Nice

Posted by lavkarbo on Mar 08, 2012

Nice quality

SPI

Posted by vegannomadguide on Jul 14, 2014

Pure Soy Protein Isolate at a good price. Not much flavour so add something else rather than just water. No other ingredients. If you're looking for SPI this is good.

natural product but does not mix well

Posted by Reviewer2175885 on Sep 05, 2014

I bought this product because it appeared to be the most natural soy protein product out there - no added flavours. It has a nice natural taste, but I just want to warn people that it does not mix well at all in a cup, like the product from Optimum Nutrition does. If this is somehow a result of this product being natural, then it's unfair to give it four stars and not five, however using a mixer every time I want to make a protein drink is something you have to weigh up when ordering this product.

Great soy protein

Posted by Reviewer1511251 on Jun 12, 2008

I find this product easily digested, great taste & mixability.