Spirulina for Life

Posted by Reviewer2397244 on Mar 30, 2010

I've used the Now Foods Natural Spirulina for from iHerb for several years. The quality of the product is always superior and iherb service is great. Spirulina ensures that my body is getting all the nutrients that are lacking in my diet. I have restless leg sydrome (RLS) and my natruopath recommended spirulina to address the nutrient deficiency that caused it. After taking a spoonful of spirulina mixed in applesauce for three nights, the RLS stopped. Randy from Colorado Springs

Excellent Product!

Posted by Reviewer2467763 on Jan 05, 2008

Great Hawaiian spirulina at a good price. Spirulina growers have recently had challenges because of some questionable new organic certification standards that require the use of organic fertilizer instead of the old organic standards of allowing natural mineral fertilizers. Now Foods has information on their website about this, and let go of their organic status because of the controvery surrounding potential bacterial contamination of spirulina ponds when using organic manure fertilizers. I commend the Hawaiian producers of this spirulina for standing their ground on growing their same top quality spirulina using time tested methods. Highly recommended.

A mainstay food item

Posted by Reviewer3153988 on Feb 11, 2010

I've been using this for the past twelve years and I wouldn't be without it. Of all health products this is the Number One in my opinion; it has all the main nutrients that are missing in land-based foods.

Great price, great product

Posted by Reviewer3088906 on Feb 02, 2008

When I first came to college and was living in the dorms, I had to survive off of dorm food. I typically ate a modest amount of fruits and vegetables at home, but this dropped down to almost nothing. I started consuming spirulina just because I was concerned about my intake of greens. I didn't expect this to happen, but spirulina actually boosted my mood and energy levels (which had started getting pretty low after a couple months of dorm food). I'm not sure whether it did this "on its own" or if I was missing something in my diet, but that response really surprised me. It's not a panacea and not a replacement for eating fruits and vegetables but might be worth trying if, like most people, you don't get enough greens in your diet.

excellent spirulina

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on Mar 01, 2008

100% PURE POWDER!!!!!!!! No fillers, no silica, no junk. NOW, please keep it that way! I will probably stick with NOW, but I am considering trying Earthrise. I use a washed eden brown mustard jar as a shaker. I put 1 Tbsp. spirulina in first, then add water and add 1 pkt. stevia to the top of the water and floating spirulina and shake side to side mostly to avoid it getting around the top rim and to minimize it from sticking to the shaker. If you add the stevia pkt. before the water it will make some of the spirulina stick to the jar. The liquid stevia might mix better(not sure) but I prefer the packets. Stevia makes it taste very sweet. Tastes better than chlorella. I like the cleansing and deodorizing effect of chlorophyll. Nice convenient cover and wide top container, although it's hard to find long plastic measuring spoons. I like the fact iherb lists product information so clearly and completely and iherb's website works fast and smooth even with my dial-up connection.

Makes you feel good

Posted by Reviewer1059663 on Oct 11, 2009

I really enjoy the wonderful and almost immediate health benefits of spirulina. I mix one tablespoon of NOW spirulina with hemp protein powder and vanilla almond milk for a supercharged immune builder and mood booster. I experience lots of energy after consuming (sort of like you feel after drinking a cup of coffee). The powder does have a "oceaney fish" smell, however when mixed in a shake with other things it tastes very good, in a green healthy way.

seems ok so far

Posted by Reviewer2881447 on Sep 19, 2008

I was a little reluctant to purchase NOW brand spirulina, but I wanted to try it because it's lower than my usual brand of Hawaiian Pacific. It seems to be essentially same. NOW claims that it gets its spirulina from Hawaiian farms. I can't really tell the quality of it by drinking it.

Good Things Happen

Posted by Reviewer3196081 on Aug 24, 2008

I used spirulina back in the 70's with wonderful results - I am now a firm believer in the nutritional value & prompt results from using it again from a respected and quality conscience company- Now Foods has the best prices...

wonderful product

Posted by cahealthpractiioner on Mar 23, 2007

This is a nice dark blue-green spirulina and is easy to take in smoothies and also to add to my kitties food.

NOW FOODS 100% NATURAL SPIRULINA, 1 POUND

Posted by Reviewer1175978 on Mar 12, 2008

I LOVE THE NOW FOODS SPIRULINA. WE PUT A TABLESPOON IN OUR FRUIT SMOOTHIE EVERY MORNING WITH GOJI BERRIES AFTER WE DO OUR WHEAT GRASS JUICE AND IT'S A GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY.