There's likely a reason this is so much cheaper...

Posted by Reviewer1240274 on Apr 21, 2008

I took a "blind" taste test - this one compared to the Earthrise brand of Spirulina powder. Hands down, the Earthrise tasted better and had a heartier consistency. This one tasted sort of mushroomy and seemed to chalk up. I am surprised - since Now advertises they source this from Hawaii - where the air is definately cleaner. The Earthrise is from what looks like the deserts of California. I don't even want to consume it - the difference is seemingly so marked in quality. But, that said, I am sure there are health benefits to this one.

now foods spirulina powder

Posted by Reviewer2555447 on Mar 08, 2008

I really like this product helping me lose weight as appetite is reduced much preffered to tablets tasts wolesome can be messy. too many benifits to list here + I.herb is amazing value

sam

Posted by Reviewer3018616 on Feb 19, 2008

Doesn't mix well...smells bad...tastes terrible. Wish I would have purchased the capsules instead. yuck!!

Great service!

Posted by Reviewer2869993 on Feb 11, 2008

As much as I love the products I've ordered so far from iHerb, this comment is mainly a salute to the iHerb workers. I live in Norway, and used the cheapest (slowest) way of shipping the first time I ordered. I received the product within a week - way earlier than expected! The next time I ordered, I had some trouble with the Norwegian post system because I wasn't able to pick up my order within 14 days, so they returned it to iHerb. I e-mailed iHerb and explained the situation, asking them to please send the products one more time, and they wrote to me saying how sorry they were even though it was definitely not THEIR fault that the "postman" had returned my order. A few hours later I got another e-mail saying that my order was sent, and six days later I picked it up from my local post office. Amazing! Thank you so much for the FANTASTIC SERVICE you provide, iHerb! Btw: This spirulina powder is great, too. When I first took off the lid it smelled kinda bad so I feared that it would add a significant taste to everything I put it in, but that was not the case at all. You can't taste it if you use it in small doses and barely if you use more of it. I use it in everything from smoothies to dips (I love the supergreen color!) and recently added it to my brownie batter with great success (do try this at home!)

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1956885 on Sep 08, 2008

Add it to my breakfast drink every morning

cocktail

Posted by Reviewer2414559 on Oct 28, 2008

I mix the spirulina chlorella barley and green kamut and have this healthy drink daily

Healthy supplement

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Jul 29, 2011

NOW spirulina looks to be fresh and high-quality because it is very dark blue-green and has that pungent spirulina taste. Great in salad dressings.

Spirulina Powder

Posted by Reviewer1840526 on Apr 04, 2007

I would recommend the tablets, the powder I think tastes bad and I can't get my kids to drink it.

worst spirulina in the world

Posted by Reviewer2017157 on Dec 16, 2010

this is horror, bad smell, no action

Now Spirulina

Posted by Reviewer3220411 on Jun 22, 2011

Excellent product and safely delivered to UK at reasonable cost.