New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Spirulina Powder, 100% Pure & Natural, 4 lbs (1814 g)

Reviews 4-star

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Spirulina is a superfood and considered one of the nutritive and healthy foods! Spirulina contains all traces minerals, every amino acid needed by man (about 60% highly absorbable protein), high beta carotene and other caroteniods like zeaxanthin, vitamin B, E, K, high chlorophyll and healthy fats like GLA, DHA. Spirulina is known for boosting immune system, detoxification of heavy metals, lower high blood pressure, lower high cholesterol, lower cancer risk, lower heart diseases and many others as well. Spirulina is suitable for vegetarians. One of the debating points about spirulina is whether it contains B12 or B12 analogue (look alike that is inactive). There is a lot of yes and no so you will have to decide whether to supple with additional B12. As for the price, it’s value for money, considering the benefits and nutrients you can get. This bottle is the cheapest you can get per g. While value for money, I find that it takes a long time to finish the whole container. This can be a problem as the constant opening and closing will no doubt affect the freshness and quality of the spirulina over time. It is recommended to store some portion in air tight container separatedly. I take 2 tablespoons daily with 1 tablespoons of chlorella. Normally, I don’t take more than 4 tablespoons daily as it can give me loose stools due to the strong detoxification effect. Best to take a little and increase dosage slowly to avoid harsh detox side effects. Check out my page for more reviews!

Messy, but

Posted by Reviewer1022577 on Nov 06, 2007

supposedly health-giving. Tablets or capsules cost 3 times as much weight for weight. Leaving powder in mouth it is absorbed through the mucous membranes also.

Valuable food

Posted by Reviewer1856800 on May 24, 2010

I use 1 rounded tablespoon per glass of water and do that 2 or 3 times a day. It took a few glasses for me to learn how to stir it witout clumping the spirulina. It also took a few glasses to get used to the taste. Now I like it and look forward to it. It's a real and quick boost of good energy that I get from it and after a couple weeks now I definitely know that it adds greatly to my good health. I give it a 4 rating as I really don't know about the purity of the product, processing, etc. It does taste and feel good and I will be using up the 4 lbs pretty quickly. I will try the more expensive organic one next time to see what difference there is between the two. In spirit and preparing for 2012, Somananda

spirulina

Posted by Reviewer3092585 on Sep 11, 2008

i think is one of the best natural products we can take to suply our body needs.

spirulina