Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Spirulina Powder, 100% Pure & Natural, 4 lbs (1814 g)

Valuable food

Posted by Reviewer1856800 on May 24, 2010

I use 1 rounded tablespoon per glass of water and do that 2 or 3 times a day. It took a few glasses for me to learn how to stir it witout clumping the spirulina. It also took a few glasses to get used to the taste. Now I like it and look forward to it. It's a real and quick boost of good energy that I get from it and after a couple weeks now I definitely know that it adds greatly to my good health. I give it a 4 rating as I really don't know about the purity of the product, processing, etc. It does taste and feel good and I will be using up the 4 lbs pretty quickly. I will try the more expensive organic one next time to see what difference there is between the two. In spirit and preparing for 2012, Somananda

Survival food

Posted by Reviewer1018095 on Apr 07, 2011

Really good value at a time of rising food prices. A survival food to keep me alive if things go disastrous through this current sun cycle and galactic alignment.Quite likely to be better than any muscle building high protein drink.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer3347546 on Oct 01, 2008

Excellent detoxification product,and the best value PectaSol product out there. Not as potent as PectaSol Chelation Complex, but it is nearly half the price.

Now Foods Spirulina Powder 4 lbs

Posted by Reviewer1738304 on Jan 10, 2014

I've purchased this 4 lb canister several times. The first in mid 2011 and it was excellent, dark rich green and smelled slightly "fishy" but also had a good smell. The second canister I purchased in August 2012 was slightly off and had a bit of a harsh or strong aftertaste and a bit of a pungent kick and was a darker green a bit more black, it just didn't seem as high a quality as the first. I just received the third and I'm sad to say its got even worse. The color is almost a dark brown green slightly blackish and there are visible gritty particulates in the spirulina. It seems like this may be a bad batch or that quite possiby Now Foods has compromised quality by choosing a poor supplier to offer these lower prices. I have contacted iherb about a return and refund. I will request a reship to see if this was just a bad batch.

I wasn't deliverd 100% Natural Hawaiian

Posted by Reviewer2712940 on Jul 26, 2012

I ordered this item but was shipped a label saying "100% Natural & Pure". Smelled like cow manure and was almost black in color. Check the label carefully before opening and return it if wrong. I live in Asia so I had to throw away the bottle just after opining it.