great product

Posted by 5333178289917310962 on Nov 08, 2015

among the protein powders i've used, this one is the best. yes it taste bland with pure water but if you are creative enough you can add this to make you're very own smoothie. i prefer this over optimum nutrition 100% whey due to the ingredient profile, although i am not saying ON is inferior to this. both are good product and i used ON before and i do get the same effect with this minus the fancy stuff (aspartame, sucralose, natural/artifical colors, etc). if you are looking for quality Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) this has to be it.

good value, esp. for athletes

Posted by 5512929879877074377 on Nov 07, 2015

This kind of product is a must-have for weightlifters/athletes trying to supplement protein intake. Unlike shake mixes, this is straight WPI, not fortified with anything, so you don't have to worry about overloading on nutrients like calcium or iron if you use multiple servings a day. I've usually been having this mixed with other products, often with a milk/water mix. I make it mostly whey protein plus a tablespoon or two of a more flavorful shake mix, but before writing this review I just tried it alone in water. It dissolves well. It doesn't thicken liquids like a shake mix will, so you can mix it in less liquid and gulp it down quickly/easily if you want. Has a very mild, neutral, slightly milky taste. Alone in water is not unpleasant for me but probably not for the casual user. Definitely not a "treat." No real additives besides the very minimal soy lecithin (for what I believe is to help powder consistency). The price of $84.13 may seem high but if you break it down this is one of the top values on iHerb for grams of protein per dollar.

That's good

Posted by 5028668317249241607 on Mar 08, 2015

This product is not sweet can drink easy and smooth. II will order again!!!

Better than the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard IMHO

Posted by 5742695080478556296 on Nov 29, 2014

I've always been using the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard so most of my review will be based on a comparison between ON whey and Now Foods. What i really like about Now is that their isolate is extremely clean both in terms of the nutrition and the taste. ON whey was way too sweet when mixed with milk, while Now hardly has any taste in water. Note that I use milk for ON as it tastes disgusting when mixed with water - something akin to a super dilute orange juice. Now Isolate is very acceptable when mixed with water. Mixing is no issue at all when mixed with a shaker bottle and cold water. THe high protein isolate content is the biggest draw. It's scientifically proven that whey isolates allow for greater muscle growth compared to soy protein and less superior whey. Having 25g in a 28g scoop is amazing. However my biggest question would lie on the reliability of the information of the nutritional content. Has anyone done an unbiased test on the product? If the product is what it says it is, definitely get this. You won't regret it. Then again this could all just be broscience so i'd highly recommend reading other articles and getting credible information before making any decision.

Easy protein

Posted by Reviewer1562407 on Jul 21, 2014

This is a great easy way to get my protein without having to eat meat. I mix it with soy milk. I lost three pounds and I was not even trying. Awesome.

Energy Plus!

Posted by Reviewer1302643 on Feb 17, 2014

This the best protein I've found! Melts instantly in liquids and easy to stir! I mix in the morning with a green drink and sometimes with a cherry extract ice cube! Easy to mix with other foods also! It is unflavored! Less than 1 gram of sugar! That's a plus with me since I have a yeast infection! This is tolerable! This is pricey but well worth it! I also take a Super Multi Vitamin with Phyto Nutrients and Green Super Foods. This are made by Irwin Naturals! I also take the 1000 mg Vitamin C Complex! Linus Pauling lent his name to this company and recommended the dosages! He was the Father of Vitamin research and the only person to have two unshared Nobel Prizes! (1954 &1962). These are not expensive as most vitamins are an yet are more powerful with much energy! Hope this helps some people searching! Give them a try! It won't hurt! Long life and Happiness to all who read this review!!!

Now Foods, Sports, Whey protein Isolate, Natural Unflavoured 5 lbs

Posted by 5530120952559445869 on Oct 22, 2013

Very pleased with whey powder,I have been using it for several months and can flavour it to my taste. However, I will only buy the smaller size in future as I am unhappy with problems in the delivery of the 5lb size.

Not really the same product as I had been ordering for several years previous

Posted by Reviewer3168863 on Jul 11, 2013

I was happily ordering this product from iHerb since about early 2008. In the past it had a neutral flavor; almost tasteless, which is what should be expected of whey isolate. Sometime around 2010 or 2012 its price suddenly doubled. I hadn't ordered it for about 18 months before my most recent order... My most recent order of this product was in June 2013. It has an expiration date of Mar 2015. Only several days ago did I open its large canister and try it as-is. It has such a foul chemical taste that if I wasn't so busy and shipping costs weren't so high, I would've sent it back to iHerb already. Even after flavoring one serving with 1 tsp McCormick real vanilla extract plus 1/16 tsp stevia extract powder that aweful chemical taste could not be masked! I don't know what the manufacturer did to this $84.14 product, but it can't possibly be healthful. I will call iHerb and complain about it. I would NEVER have continued re-ordering it for so many years if it had always tasted so bad as it currently does!

Whey protein isolate

Posted by 5488700056252520376 on Dec 04, 2012

One of the best five whey protein isolated of the world and have the advantage of unflavored version wich not have artificial flavor, colourings and preservatives.

Very Satisfied

Posted by Reviewer2407749 on Oct 12, 2012

This is a great product, If you are looking for a high quality powder this is the one. It causes little to no gas. It does not have an after taste. I add a drop of vanilla extract to my shakes for flavour. there is no artificial sweeteners (which is worse than sugar) and is an isolate which is more pure than concentrate. this is why it costs a bit more.