Basic Protein

Posted by Reviewer1854607 on Sep 18, 2008

This is basic, solid protein, without all of the extra junk that normally invades commercially processed food. I wish that it didn't have any soy lecithin in it, but the label shows <1%, so it's not that much. It has a mildly sweet, dry vanilla flavor (like many of the un-flavored whey proteins) to it that makes it possible to chew it like normal food, so that it can be digested properly.

Excellent Product!

Posted by Reviewer2163263 on Jan 01, 2008

High quality product. Nice, neutral taste and it mixes easily in a shaker. I use this product several times a day, either mixing it with my Greens Today drinks or taking it plainly before and after a workout. Glad I purchased it and will make sure I always have some on hand.

Excellent protein source without additives

Posted by Reviewer2265515 on Sep 07, 2009

This is really a great protein source and has no sugar, or any additives. It is also very low in lactose so it doesn't upset my stomach (I'm lactose intolerant).

Best Quality Protein I've ever tried

Posted by Reviewer1241770 on Sep 08, 2009

I typically have stomach issues with many of the other whey and soy proteins. This is the first whey protein that has agreed with me. I believe it's due to the superior product. I'll never switch to anything else.

The Bomb!

Posted by Reviewer3075743 on Oct 02, 2006

I am not a aways huge NOW fan, but this product is pure WPI with no additives or sugars. Can't beat the price with a stick!

Taste not great

Posted by Reviewer3221535 on Feb 05, 2008

I'm sure the protein content is good but the taste is not great. I would go for the flavored powder next time. Also, the consistency is not as good as other powders I've used.

Not really the same product as I had been ordering for several years previous

Posted by Reviewer3168863 on Jul 11, 2013

I was happily ordering this product from iHerb since about early 2008. In the past it had a neutral flavor; almost tasteless, which is what should be expected of whey isolate. Sometime around 2010 or 2012 its price suddenly doubled. I hadn't ordered it for about 18 months before my most recent order... My most recent order of this product was in June 2013. It has an expiration date of Mar 2015. Only several days ago did I open its large canister and try it as-is. It has such a foul chemical taste that if I wasn't so busy and shipping costs weren't so high, I would've sent it back to iHerb already. Even after flavoring one serving with 1 tsp McCormick real vanilla extract plus 1/16 tsp stevia extract powder that aweful chemical taste could not be masked! I don't know what the manufacturer did to this $84.14 product, but it can't possibly be healthful. I will call iHerb and complain about it. I would NEVER have continued re-ordering it for so many years if it had always tasted so bad as it currently does!

Protein

Posted by Reviewer3322253 on Nov 23, 2009

I read some good reviews of this product on the internet before purchasing, all of which were totally justified. This is a great protein suppliment. It mixes well and is great value for money also the delivery time from iHerb to Japan was excellent. Overall I was really impressed with the product and service I recieved. Thanks!

Energy Plus!

Posted by Reviewer1302643 on Feb 17, 2014

This the best protein I've found! Melts instantly in liquids and easy to stir! I mix in the morning with a green drink and sometimes with a cherry extract ice cube! Easy to mix with other foods also! It is unflavored! Less than 1 gram of sugar! That's a plus with me since I have a yeast infection! This is tolerable! This is pricey but well worth it! I also take a Super Multi Vitamin with Phyto Nutrients and Green Super Foods. This are made by Irwin Naturals! I also take the 1000 mg Vitamin C Complex! Linus Pauling lent his name to this company and recommended the dosages! He was the Father of Vitamin research and the only person to have two unshared Nobel Prizes! (1954 &1962). These are not expensive as most vitamins are an yet are more powerful with much energy! Hope this helps some people searching! Give them a try! It won't hurt! Long life and Happiness to all who read this review!!!

Whey Protein

Posted by Reviewer1453577 on Jan 03, 2010

Great Value at a great price. I've used this product for a year now and I think it's a quality protein. It mixes great in a blender, but not so good when you use a spoon.