Now Foods, St. John's Wort, 300 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Works great but causes nausea once capsules dissolve

Posted by Reviewer2345373 on May 20, 2011

Capsules taste awful -even for the one second it takes to swallow. And once the capsules dissolved, my stomach would start lurching. The nausea is bad. I started taking them going to bed along with a piece of bread. I then try to get to sleep before the nausea sets in. It DOES work. I've suffered depression since my little boy died in an accident. 1200 mg of St John's Wort works as well as a combination of Cymbalta & Wellbutrin without any of the side effects. It does take a while to build up in your system, though. Give it at least 3 weeks before you see a difference in your mood.

NOW St. John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer2755564 on Oct 28, 2008

Seems to help with mild depression. No side effects noticed

Better than nothing

Posted by Reviewer1931978 on Oct 29, 2009

I'm trying to avoid taking prescription anti-depressants because of the side effects and the fact that it is very difficult to get off them. I tried 3 tablets a day. I read somewhere that you can take them all at once so I take them before bedtime. If I take them during the day I would get stomach upset and it would smell horrible. Before I started taking them my constant thought was that I wanted to die. I guess that put me in a higher depression category than most. The first couple weeks of taking them I felt good. Really good. Probably placebo effect. After that not too good. I bumped the number taken per day to 4. Again I felt good for a couple weeks. Even though I don't feel "normal" as in happy to be alive, I don't have a constant desire to die. I would say they work moderately well. I have been taking them for 5 or 6 months now. By the way, I also read somewhere that 5 pills a day is the max.

depends on how severe

Posted by Reviewer3264260 on Dec 09, 2009

i was taking this for a couple months to help with depression. it helped a little, but as much as i hate Big Pharma, i still ended up going on prescription meds. the meds have annoying side effects, so i would recommend trying st john's wort first. unless you have very severe depression like i had, the herb might work for you. if you have suicidal thoughts or want to hurt yourself, skip the herbs and get to a doctor. you can end your pain without ending your life, you just need a little help.

Good value for the money

Posted by Reviewer2180216 on Jan 10, 2010

I have purchased this product regularly for a while now. Good value for the price paid.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »