Now Foods, St. John's Wort, 300 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

Reviews 5-star

No More Depression or Anxiety attacks!

Posted by Reviewer1662481 From Kansas on Oct 03, 2009

My family has a strong history of depression. The type that requires prescription medication. (my father and his mother). I started noticing the strong signs of depression in myself about the age of 35. My Dr. prescribed prescription medication. I used these for several years, different brands, different strengths, then double strength all on my doctors hand written prescription advice. None worked very well and all gave me terrible anxiety attacks. So I not only was depressed, but now I also was having terrible anxiety attacks. I read about St. Jonn's Wort being used in Europe very successfully for depression and decided to give it a try. I threw away all the prescriptions. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY SUICIDAL. I tried St. Johns Wort. I have used it now for 15 years and have no problems whatsoever with depression and well, am quite mellow, no more anxiety attacks from prescriptions drugs that really didn't work for depression either. I take 2 in the early morning and 1 at noon. I was so glad to find this website and am very pleased with the Now Foods brand quality and price.

Good stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1987629 From Kansas on Feb 24, 2009

I have been taking this for a couple of weeks in combination with 5-htp and I do believe it is working for depression. I actually told my husband the other day, "Things seems brighter" and I meant it. Sounds corny, but walking outside the sky seemed bluer and the colors more vivid....plus my outlook on life has been more positive. I would highly recommend trying this before resorting to prescription meds....spare yourself the horrible side-effects and huge amt. of money and see how it works!

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer1769532 From Massachusetts on May 01, 2008

I've battled depression most of my life. This product has made it possible for me to live, work, play, grow, learn and feel "normal"!

Works Just as Good as Kira

Posted by Reviewer2172676 From Florida on Mar 17, 2010

I was afraid to take this product for depression because I'd tried other St. John's Wort products before and nothing worked except for the Kira brand. Well, I guess many people like the Kira brand because it was out of stock at the manufacturer for a long time. Now, I've found Now Foods brand and it works just as well and is a much better deal.

St John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer2257645 From Missouri on Jul 22, 2009

This is the best supplement I have found to help me with my social anxiety disorder and OCD. After being diagnosed I chose not to take prescription meds, instead I started taking two capsules of st. john's wort every morning and I could tell a major difference after maybe a month. If I miss a day or two I can really tell. I recommend this product to anyone who suffers from anxiety or mood disorders.