Now Foods, St. John's Wort, 300 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

Works great but causes nausea once capsules dissolve

Posted by Reviewer2345373 on May 20, 2011

Capsules taste awful -even for the one second it takes to swallow. And once the capsules dissolved, my stomach would start lurching. The nausea is bad. I started taking them going to bed along with a piece of bread. I then try to get to sleep before the nausea sets in. It DOES work. I've suffered depression since my little boy died in an accident. 1200 mg of St John's Wort works as well as a combination of Cymbalta & Wellbutrin without any of the side effects. It does take a while to build up in your system, though. Give it at least 3 weeks before you see a difference in your mood.

St John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer2257645 on Jul 22, 2009

This is the best supplement I have found to help me with my social anxiety disorder and OCD. After being diagnosed I chose not to take prescription meds, instead I started taking two capsules of st. john's wort every morning and I could tell a major difference after maybe a month. If I miss a day or two I can really tell. I recommend this product to anyone who suffers from anxiety or mood disorders.

Love it.

Posted by Reviewer2882318 on Oct 10, 2009

Three immediate family members take this daily. Their melancholic demeanor is so much improved and they are significantly less depressed and able to function normally. We all can tell the days they "forgot" to take the supplement.

A basic, can't-live-without

Posted by Reviewer3191602 on May 01, 2008

I take this everyday. It is a lifesaver for those of us with serotonin deficiency, whom for one reason or another are not good candidates for the pharmaceuticals. Absolutely A+++ Lifesaving herb.

Stockpile it

Posted by Reviewer2484117 on Sep 05, 2006

I've been using this product for years now and can't fault it. iHerb is the best place in the world and on the web for all my supplements. One word of caution though - I ran out of this once and got serious withdrawl symptoms. Don't forget it's also used to reduce inflammation etc. I got terrible headaches after a few days without it.