July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, St. John's Wort, 300 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

A basic, can't-live-without

Posted by Reviewer3191602 on May 01, 2008

I take this everyday. It is a lifesaver for those of us with serotonin deficiency, whom for one reason or another are not good candidates for the pharmaceuticals. Absolutely A+++ Lifesaving herb.

Works great but causes nausea once capsules dissolve

Posted by Reviewer2345373 on May 20, 2011

Capsules taste awful -even for the one second it takes to swallow. And once the capsules dissolved, my stomach would start lurching. The nausea is bad. I started taking them going to bed along with a piece of bread. I then try to get to sleep before the nausea sets in. It DOES work. I've suffered depression since my little boy died in an accident. 1200 mg of St John's Wort works as well as a combination of Cymbalta & Wellbutrin without any of the side effects. It does take a while to build up in your system, though. Give it at least 3 weeks before you see a difference in your mood.

Pick-me-up

Posted by Reviewer1032922 on Jan 08, 2012

This is even greater than I expected! I was suffering from a worse-than-usual case of SAD in November - a very dark, rainy, depressing time of year to live in the northernmost part of Europe. Darkness, depression, horrible relationship problems and a horrible break-up, stressed out because of study deadlines... after just one week of taking St. John's Wort plus 5-HTP, my general mood suddenly went from "devastated and morbid" to "cheery and upbeat", and has stayed there.

Stockpile it

Posted by Reviewer2484117 on Sep 05, 2006

I've been using this product for years now and can't fault it. iHerb is the best place in the world and on the web for all my supplements. One word of caution though - I ran out of this once and got serious withdrawl symptoms. Don't forget it's also used to reduce inflammation etc. I got terrible headaches after a few days without it.

Love it.

Posted by Reviewer2882318 on Oct 10, 2009

Three immediate family members take this daily. Their melancholic demeanor is so much improved and they are significantly less depressed and able to function normally. We all can tell the days they "forgot" to take the supplement.