Now Foods, St. John's Wort, 300 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

St.John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer3077983 on Apr 29, 2008

I take this product before I go to bed at night for a great nights sleep. When I'm feeling a little to emotional caused from PMS I take a capsule to relieve my symptoms. Be aware that you must be carefull in the sun. You can burn much more faster.

No More Depression or Anxiety attacks!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013

My family has a strong history of depression. The type that requires prescription medication. (my father and his mother). I started noticing the strong signs of depression in myself about the age of 45. My Dr. prescribed prescription medication. I used these for several years, different brands, different strengths, then double strength all on my doctors hand written prescription advice. None worked very well and all gave me terrible anxiety attacks. So I not only was depressed, but now I also was having terrible anxiety attacks. I read about St. Jonn's Wort being used in Europe very successfully for depression and decided to give it a try. I threw away all the prescriptions. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY SUICIDAL. I tried St. Johns Wort. I have used it now for 15 years and have no problems whatsoever with depression and well, am quite mellow, no more anxiety attacks from prescriptions drugs that really didn't work for depression either. I take 2 in the early morning and 1 at noon. . . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits.

St. John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer1307426 on Nov 11, 2008

I have used this product in the past and it works very well for me. For new users of this product, it takes a couple of weeks to start getting the full effect from the product and by the 3rd week, you should be feeling much better.

NOW St. John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer2755564 on Oct 28, 2008

Seems to help with mild depression. No side effects noticed

Better than nothing

Posted by Reviewer1931978 on Oct 29, 2009

I'm trying to avoid taking prescription anti-depressants because of the side effects and the fact that it is very difficult to get off them. I tried 3 tablets a day. I read somewhere that you can take them all at once so I take them before bedtime. If I take them during the day I would get stomach upset and it would smell horrible. Before I started taking them my constant thought was that I wanted to die. I guess that put me in a higher depression category than most. The first couple weeks of taking them I felt good. Really good. Probably placebo effect. After that not too good. I bumped the number taken per day to 4. Again I felt good for a couple weeks. Even though I don't feel "normal" as in happy to be alive, I don't have a constant desire to die. I would say they work moderately well. I have been taking them for 5 or 6 months now. By the way, I also read somewhere that 5 pills a day is the max.