New To iHerb?

Now Foods, St. John's Wort, 300 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

Better than nothing

Posted by Reviewer1931978 on Oct 29, 2009

I'm trying to avoid taking prescription anti-depressants because of the side effects and the fact that it is very difficult to get off them. I tried 3 tablets a day. I read somewhere that you can take them all at once so I take them before bedtime. If I take them during the day I would get stomach upset and it would smell horrible. Before I started taking them my constant thought was that I wanted to die. I guess that put me in a higher depression category than most. The first couple weeks of taking them I felt good. Really good. Probably placebo effect. After that not too good. I bumped the number taken per day to 4. Again I felt good for a couple weeks. Even though I don't feel "normal" as in happy to be alive, I don't have a constant desire to die. I would say they work moderately well. I have been taking them for 5 or 6 months now. By the way, I also read somewhere that 5 pills a day is the max.

Wouldn't use anything else

Posted by Reviewer2832469 on Jul 17, 2006

I've been using this product for over a year. Best product for the best price. i-herb is a great place to order from too.... good service, fast shipping.

St. John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer2636967 on Oct 17, 2007

This brand seems to work as good as the more expensive ones for depression.

Quality product, can't beat the price.

Posted by Reviewer2704349 on Oct 31, 2007

Similar to that used in European studies--300 mg standardized actives, made from aerial parts. Seems to work as well as any of the other brands. Large size is convenient, and the price is right. I'd buy again.

Helps a LOT

Posted by Reviewer3341506 on Jan 31, 2008

I've been taking this product for over a year now and have noticed a marked improvement.