10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, St. John's Wort, 300 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

St johns Wort

Posted by Reviewer2710146 on Nov 06, 2010

I love it! This stuff really seems to help my mood and it's a great price. I just take two before bed and wake up happier! I'm sure some of it is in my mind but so is my mood!

Better than nothing

Posted by Reviewer1931978 on Oct 29, 2009

I'm trying to avoid taking prescription anti-depressants because of the side effects and the fact that it is very difficult to get off them. I tried 3 tablets a day. I read somewhere that you can take them all at once so I take them before bedtime. If I take them during the day I would get stomach upset and it would smell horrible. Before I started taking them my constant thought was that I wanted to die. I guess that put me in a higher depression category than most. The first couple weeks of taking them I felt good. Really good. Probably placebo effect. After that not too good. I bumped the number taken per day to 4. Again I felt good for a couple weeks. Even though I don't feel "normal" as in happy to be alive, I don't have a constant desire to die. I would say they work moderately well. I have been taking them for 5 or 6 months now. By the way, I also read somewhere that 5 pills a day is the max.

Wouldn't use anything else

Posted by Reviewer2832469 on Jul 17, 2006

I've been using this product for over a year. Best product for the best price. i-herb is a great place to order from too.... good service, fast shipping.

Depression

Posted by Reviewer1511161 on Apr 11, 2008

I was on paxil for a year durring my divorce and was able to go off of that and begin taking St. John's Wort instead. It's just enough to keep me on an even keel. And yes, I consulted my doctor first.

St. John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer2636967 on Oct 17, 2007

This brand seems to work as good as the more expensive ones for depression.