Not quite right for me

Posted by Leveeah on Jun 04, 2012

I really like the NOW line of products and was eager to try their Super Enzymes. I have problems with malabsorption. Previously I was using two separate products, a digestive enzyme as well as Betaine HCL at every meal. I like that this product combines both, however it doesn't seem to be working nearly as well for me. I think for myself it doesn't have enough hydrochloric acid, and taking 2 capsules would give me too much ox bile. I've passed this bottle on to my mother and it seems to be a good fit for her. On a side note, a couple people who reviewed this product said they experienced burning or discomfort from these enzymes. That's simply an indication that you have enough stomach acid and don't need an enzyme with HCL. :)

Too strong for me

Posted by Reviewer2184334 on Jul 23, 2008

I can use plain Enzymes fine, but the additional HCI gives me loose stools. If you are sensitive, you may want to try an enzyme product with no added HCI to see how it works for you.

Burn, Baby, Burn.

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Mar 23, 2014

We got these because the vegetarian enzymes did not seem to be helping with that "full" feeling after eating unless I took 2 or 3. One of these seems to burn the stomach after eating. They also don't seem to help much with full stomach. I will try other brands. Maybe they are alright for other people. Our 2nd bottle of these seems to have a slightly rotten odour, but once opened, you can't return. So I wonder about the quality control of some of Now's products. Also labeling is a concern. For instance: There are over 4 kinds of vitamin K-4. Menaquinone 4, 7,8 and 11. Only the Menaquinone 7 is of true value for humans. The others are inexpensive or synthetic forms of no true value. Now Foods has a large number of vitamin supplements that avoid telling us exactly what we are getting. And I am slowly getting more and more suspicious of this company for this evasive strategy. Millie from Cannuckville.

caps vs tablets

Posted by Reviewer1878845 on May 11, 2010

Great product and would get 5 stars but I prefer the tablets.

Effective but irritates my stomach

Posted by Reviewer1350934 on Jul 15, 2010

The product appears to be very effective but it irritated my stomach probably due to its betaine HCl content. I would rather use a product with enzymes only and without HCl.

Works well, but not impressed that it isn't vegetarian...

Posted by alleyappletree on Aug 19, 2013

I bought these thinking they were vegetarian enzymes, but I guess I should have done my homework. There are definitely enzymes from animals in here, which means I won't be buying them again. I am a vegetarian.

Just ok

Posted by 5193470110066713199 on Apr 12, 2015

I dont know if this helps. I think that probiotics are more usefull if you have digest problems.

Now Food Super Enzymes

Posted by Reviewer2548443 on May 12, 2009

I feel these are not the best choice for me, I am willing to try another brand, suggestions please. Marla Westrup

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1445692 on Sep 23, 2009

This product is great! It helps me with proper digestion.

so so

Posted by Reviewer1885707 on Oct 26, 2009

There okay, only if you take em with meals.. not after! then its too late. I may try another version from another brand though. Try their anti-acid type lozengers, they work great for that

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »