The enzymes in this product thins blood so use with appropriate caution

Posted by Reviewer1737667 on Dec 06, 2008

The enzymes in this product should be used with doctor's followup if you are on Coumadin or any other blood thinner or diabetic. I didn't know that and when I pricked my thumb to do a blood test I found my usually reluctant thumb bleeding rather freely. Be aware that you might bleed a bit more and I definitely will not be taking aspirin, ginkgo biloba or any other blood thinning supplement while taking these. Don't know if taking away from meals would affect bleeding. Will be testing to find out, though. It took about 3-4 days for the bloating when I took 1 capsule with meals to stop. Now everything seems OK. I also notice that constipation is less. Read an article that taking capsules away from meals helps to clean up arteries since enzymes are not being used to digest protein and protease enzymes can clean the blood itself. Do a Google search on the ingredients if you wish more information.

Just what I've been looking for...

Posted by Reviewer2414483 on Jul 30, 2009

I've been on Dr. Best Enzymes for awhile and although they did help a little, they were not as effective in breaking down animal protein (which I consume often). I decided to give Now Foods a try and am shocked at the difference I felt after a few days. Plus the price is great and it can easily last 45 or more days before needing to reorder. This is a must!

Improve your digestion

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

In the short time I used this product I definitely felt it improved my digestion. However as I became pregnant I stopped using it as it is not considered safe for use in pregnancy unfortunately. Once I have had my baby I will definitely go back to using these enzymes. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

Good product

Posted by cure-dryeyes on May 11, 2009

Having read that Enzymes were good for issues with acid reflux, I thought I would try these. So far, so good! When I take them with or before meals, I don't get heartburn 95% of the time! And to think, I've suffered with this all my life and have been given drugs by GPs instead!!

Finally! a good enzyme product.

Posted by Reviewer1119368 on Jul 29, 2009

Now brand products, at least the ones I've tried, appear to be consistently good. By "good" I mean potent and effective, so that your food is digested thoroughly. You may find, as I did, that 2 capsules are too much for most meals (you can tell this if you develop loose stools). I do wish, however, that it contained more Betaine Hydrochloride (hydrochloric acid), for heavy animal protein meals.

Good product.

Posted by Reviewer1161377 on Mar 05, 2010

This works and the price is right. It is a bit stronger than other brands that I have used.

Body Regulator

Posted by Reviewer1026353 on Jan 11, 2010

I take these daily along with NOW Magnesium Calcium Reverse Ratio and my digestestive system stays on track.

Not sure as yet

Posted by Reviewer1349224 on Feb 25, 2010

I think this does help with digestion. normaly when I Eat certain foods it takes a while to digest but since taking super enzmes this no longer happens,

Works as it is supposed to and at a great price!

Posted by eeleen on Nov 07, 2010

have only used it for a couple of weeks and so far, it's working ! (no more gas / bloatedness after meals)

Good enzymes

Posted by TinVal on Oct 03, 2012

These enzymes work great. My only rebuke is about magnesium stearate. It is not a supplemental source of magnesium but it is a form of stearic acid and is used as a flow agent. The sole purpose of using these substances is to make the machines go faster. In a study published in the journal Pharmaceutical Technology, the percent dissolution for capsules after 20 minutes in solution went from 90% without stearates to 25% with stearates. This delays the absorption of nutrients