Taurine

Posted by 5050346635671525835 on Apr 22, 2016

Too soon to do proper evaluation.

Taurine capsules for dog with seizures

Posted by 5238107701856778164 on Apr 06, 2016

It was suggested that I give Maddie Taurine for her infrequent but disturbing seizure activity. No known cause for the seizures and they only occurred every 6-10 weeks but were heartbreaking to watch. The time it took her to completely come out of the seizure (post-ictal phase) was at least 10 long minutes. I searched for Taurine 500 mg in a capsule form that had no 'extra stuff' in them and was made of few ingredients. NOW Foods has 'free form' Taurine and the capsules are made of rice flour and gelatin -- and that's all. NOW Foods Taurine was the only Taurine that met all my criteria! I chose the 500 mg strength and give it three times a day so that the level of taurine remands steady in her blood. Her 'witnessed' seizures are still the same frequency, but the length of the seizure and post-ictal phase has drastically decreased, Maddie seems to know her whereabouts so much sooner than before. This is how the NOW brand of Taurine has helped Maddie, and I'm sure there are other testimonials on dogs with seizure activity and Taurine. Please consult your veterinarian before starting any medication or supplement to find out if something specific is causing the seizures! This is critical to get done before starting the Taurine or any other over the counter medication or supplement. Dosages will vary by weight of dog -- Maddie is around 50 lbs so she could have a total of 2000 mg of Taurine per day. Ask you vet the starting dose and what would be the maximum dose for your dog. I have no experience with the use of taurine with cats.

Effective and reasonable! Good to try!

Posted by falcon on Feb 22, 2016

effective and reasonable! Good to try!

helps to sleep

Posted by 5124808064062644794 on Jan 28, 2016

I've had insomnia for almost 15 years now and this is the only effective supplement which really helps to get enough sleep without any side-effects. I take one capsule before night and I'm able to fall asleep and wake up fresh. Recommend!

Stress

Posted by 5485951632908139042 on Dec 11, 2015

Great. Does its job.

My Miracle

Posted by ReaCovery on Nov 20, 2015

I've bought hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of supplements over the last 5 years, from iHerb, trying to get some relief from the symptoms of PAWS (protracted antidepressant withdrawal syndrome). Taurine has been one of the few supplements which has actually helped. I take one at night, along with magnesium and it helps slow my racing thoughts, calms my brain, so that I can fall asleep easier. The magnesium provides a physical feeling of calmness, so they work well together. Taurine is included in many energy drinks to counteract the jittery feeling you sometimes get from too much caffeine. It also helps calm the jittery feeling from antidepressant withdrawal... for me anyway. I will be taking this until I'm fully recovered, which is probably going to take another year or so, but this is helping. If you are taking antidepressants and want to stop, taper very, very slowly or you may end up like me. Reduce by no more than 10% per month.

for my cat

Posted by Lillyhammer on Oct 22, 2015

I break apart half a tablet and mix it into his food. he likes it

Great value

Posted by hayesng on Oct 06, 2015

Essential supplement for longevity

Love this stuff

Posted by 4805813705125797374 on Jul 26, 2015

Use this as part of my treatment for mental illness. Great natural way to wake up refreshed and I finally have some energy throughout the day.

Have a nice sleep.

Posted by 5443326549685060070 on Apr 29, 2015

I took it in the evening for good sleep.