Good for home made sports drink

Posted by Reviewer3210027 on Feb 24, 2011

I use 500mg Taurine for my home made sports drink with L-carnitine. It is a good anti-oxidant for preventing muscle soreness.

Helps with irregular heart beat

Posted by Reviewer1101954 on Feb 05, 2011

I've been bothered by an irregular heart beat while resting, which sometimes would keep me up at night. After taking Taurine, it mostly disappeared.

Great Product, Great Price

Posted by Reviewer2187679 on Jun 14, 2010

Taurine has helped my kitty so much, increased appetite and more zest for life.

Very Nice!

Posted by Reviewer2250691 on May 28, 2016

This is Potent Stuff and Works Fast. Its Not Harsh like the Energy Drinks And Gives You That Alertness & Sharpness In a Smoother Fashion. Good for My Eyes as Well Especially As I'm On the PC Most Of the Day. Highly Recommend This and Will Get Some More. George - Melbourne Australia

helps to sleep

Posted by 5124808064062644794 on Jan 28, 2016

I've had insomnia for almost 15 years now and this is the only effective supplement which really helps to get enough sleep without any side-effects. I take one capsule before night and I'm able to fall asleep and wake up fresh. Recommend!

Helps with my gallbladder problems

Posted by Reviewer2747608 on Nov 26, 2010

Wish I could find longer traditional medicine trials with l-taurine. Afraid to take for long period without some traditional studies to back up the safety. Short trials say it is good for diabetic peripheral neuropathy, but natual sites say great for gallbladder and I think it is really helping me. Supposed to thin bile. I am a RN and like safety.

Now Foods Taurine

Posted by Reviewer2626023 on Sep 05, 2012

Extra help to calm the nrevous system, I take mainly before go to bed. Good for eye health. :)

Great Stuff!!!!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1135555 on Aug 17, 2009

Lots of energy, actually my energy levels have been restored.

I had a horrible reaction to this, was down for 1 entire week

Posted by PurplePegasus on Mar 26, 2012

I bought this because I have severe hypoadrenalism: low aldosterone levels cause hyponatremia and I often wake up with pressure in the brain and back aches. (Hyponatremia can cause brain swelling). This was supposed to balance sodium levels but alas 1 pill knocked me out for an entire week. I took this along with P5P and I ended up feeling drugged up and out of it for so long I was afraid not to come out of it. In the past I have had the same problem with Tyrosine and Glutamine. The problem might be my impaired liver which cannot metabolize these amino acids. I had hoped this could heal a huge health problem but instead it made me so much worse I thought I was never going to recover.

Reputable company and a good price

Posted by Reviewer2775461 on Jul 13, 2012

NOW Foods was founded in 1968 and NOW and its products have always had a good reputation in the natural food industry (I managed natural food co-ops and stores in CA in the 70's and early 80's and in the Midwest in the late 80's and early 90's). The current price (at the time I write this) on this product is more than fair (and the price is even better if one takes advantage of Amazon's subscribe & save offer when it is available for this product). I decided to try taurine capsules after doing a bit of research in preparation for writing a review for an energy drink that I received a sample of for review purposes. Taurine is an amino acid which is found in many if not most energy drinks and is where the energy drink Red Bull gets its name; the word "taurine" is from "taurus" (as in the astrological sign) which is Latin for ox or bull, and taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827. The taurine found in energy drinks and supplements today is not, however, from ox bile (or bull semen, as an urban legend has it), but is produced in laboratories. n my experience, taking 1000-2000 mg of taurine on an empty stomach (NOW Foods recommends taking it between meals) has a subtle yet unmistakeable calming effect on me. I've taken taurine at different times of the day without any unwanted side effects (e.g., I've never felt sedated after taking taurine).