A Good Nights Sleep

Posted by cuppacoffee on Jun 13, 2012

I take this with GABA from Now and I love that together they keep me calm and steady through pretty much anything my day throws at me, best of all though my insomnia disappeared!

EXCELENT

Posted by Reviewer3326316 on Apr 27, 2011

I USE IT BEFORE STUDY AND BEFORE JIU-JITSU TRAINING.

Calming

Posted by Reviewer3250604 on Dec 13, 2010

Works well, seems to lower blood pressure

Great quality and price

Posted by Rambutan on Apr 23, 2014

I take this as a liver tonic and I found that I had problems sleeping whenever I took one full cap, so I take half a cap in the morning and I'm perfect. If you are having problems with this I suggest you try to adjust the dose. I love the fact that there are no harmful preservatives such as the ubiquitous magnesium stearate in this supplement. It could also be considered as a convenient pet supplement. They last forever and have a great price too so I give it 5 stars!

Reputable company and a good price

Posted by Reviewer2775461 on Jul 13, 2012

NOW Foods was founded in 1968 and NOW and its products have always had a good reputation in the natural food industry (I managed natural food co-ops and stores in CA in the 70's and early 80's and in the Midwest in the late 80's and early 90's). The current price (at the time I write this) on this product is more than fair (and the price is even better if one takes advantage of Amazon's subscribe & save offer when it is available for this product). I decided to try taurine capsules after doing a bit of research in preparation for writing a review for an energy drink that I received a sample of for review purposes. Taurine is an amino acid which is found in many if not most energy drinks and is where the energy drink Red Bull gets its name; the word "taurine" is from "taurus" (as in the astrological sign) which is Latin for ox or bull, and taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827. The taurine found in energy drinks and supplements today is not, however, from ox bile (or bull semen, as an urban legend has it), but is produced in laboratories. n my experience, taking 1000-2000 mg of taurine on an empty stomach (NOW Foods recommends taking it between meals) has a subtle yet unmistakeable calming effect on me. I've taken taurine at different times of the day without any unwanted side effects (e.g., I've never felt sedated after taking taurine).

Helps with my gallbladder problems

Posted by Reviewer2747608 on Nov 26, 2010

Wish I could find longer traditional medicine trials with l-taurine. Afraid to take for long period without some traditional studies to back up the safety. Short trials say it is good for diabetic peripheral neuropathy, but natual sites say great for gallbladder and I think it is really helping me. Supposed to thin bile. I am a RN and like safety.

effective nervine

Posted by Reviewer2539087 on Oct 13, 2007

i find most useful when taken with adaptogens. helps to temper any excess "heat".

Some relaxing benifits

Posted by Reviewer1515944 on Jun 19, 2011

I took 2 once and it made me feel weird.

OK Taurine supplement

Posted by odereviews on Nov 17, 2012

Take these only before workouts. Otherwise this product would make me feel fuzzy. This gives just the right amount of boost for workouts. Cheap taurine source.

awesome for cats health too!

Posted by Reviewer1927983 on Mar 06, 2009

just open a capsule put on their food (along with a dandelion root capsule)....good for their hearts as for me its for detoxing MSG and works..... helped with numbness.