Boom

Posted by williambatista on Sep 13, 2012

ótimo produto, com ótimo preço

Now Foods Taurine

Posted by Reviewer2626023 on Sep 05, 2012

Extra help to calm the nrevous system, I take mainly before go to bed. Good for eye health. :)

Amazing Natural Cure !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

I decided to try taurine capsules after doing a bit of research in preparation for writing a review for an energy drink that I received a sample of for review purposes. Taurine is an amino acid which is found in many if not most energy drinks and is where the energy drink Red Bull gets its name; the word "taurine" is from "taurus"(as in the astrological sign) which is Latin for ox or bull, and taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827. The taurine found in energy drinks and supplements today is not, however, from ox bile, but is produced in laboratories. What I learned when researching taurine is that contrary to what I expected, taurine, unlike caffeine, is not a central nervous system stimulant, but is instead said to have more of a calming, relaxing, or sedating effect. For example, referring to taurine, professor of pharmacology and anesthesiology at Columbia University Neil L. Harrison says, "Its inclusion in these supplements is a little puzzling, because our research would suggest ... (that) taurine actually would have more of a sedative effect on the brain." (Source: Cornell University Chronicle Online, "Scientists close in on taurine's activity in the brain" 2/13/08.) NOW Foods says that taurine "supports a calm mood," while acknowledging that this claim has not been evaluated by the FDA. I figured I'd buy some taurine caps and find out for myself how it might affect me in ways of which I can be subjectively aware. 1000 mg of taurine is what is found in 8 ounce servings of most of the energy drinks that contain taurine, so I figured that was the best amount to experiment with. In my experience, taking 1000 - 2000 mg of taurine on an empty stomach (NOW Foods recommends taking it between meals) has a subtle yet unmistakeable calming effect on me. I've taken taurine at different times of the day without any unwanted side effects.

Posted by 5007231935613501719 on Aug 24, 2012

GREAT SUPPL

No Stress.

Posted by Reviewer1080081 on Aug 18, 2012

I find Taurine a Very Helpful Tool to help My response to Stress and this is a great Product.

Caution, bad product

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Jul 25, 2012

I and my husband were using it and it is worst thing we have ever taken. I supposed to lose weight during my workouts, improve heart rates, but I gain weight!!! So I gave it to my husband, because he want to gain weight, muscles. He just started and after few times taking it, during his workout he felt very tired, his legs and heart were very tired. Something wrong is with that product. Beware, do not buy. And the most important thing is that we were taking only 2 capsules every other day. Not the whole dose, not 4 capsules each day. So it is very potential and can cause you harm even in small doses. I guess I must write Now Foods about it, because it is not first time when their products are bad. Tribulus from that brand caused serious aggression to my man :(

This Taurine is good

Posted by Reviewer1301066 on Jul 20, 2012

Helps darken stool by apparently increasing bile output. Very slight calming and potassium-retaining effect too. Otherwise this has been good for the cats as cooked tuna has had the taurine destroyed.

I notice a difference

Posted by Reviewer2476122 on Jul 15, 2012

I take taurine to help improve my eyes from too much alcohol and it also helps me sleep like a baby. I only take it before bed

Now foods, Taurine

Posted by brobin on Jul 14, 2012

Seems to help with my eyesight and also has a small calming effect. Probably useful to help with mild anxiety.

Reputable company and a good price

Posted by Reviewer2775461 on Jul 13, 2012

NOW Foods was founded in 1968 and NOW and its products have always had a good reputation in the natural food industry (I managed natural food co-ops and stores in CA in the 70's and early 80's and in the Midwest in the late 80's and early 90's). The current price (at the time I write this) on this product is more than fair (and the price is even better if one takes advantage of Amazon's subscribe & save offer when it is available for this product). I decided to try taurine capsules after doing a bit of research in preparation for writing a review for an energy drink that I received a sample of for review purposes. Taurine is an amino acid which is found in many if not most energy drinks and is where the energy drink Red Bull gets its name; the word "taurine" is from "taurus" (as in the astrological sign) which is Latin for ox or bull, and taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827. The taurine found in energy drinks and supplements today is not, however, from ox bile (or bull semen, as an urban legend has it), but is produced in laboratories. n my experience, taking 1000-2000 mg of taurine on an empty stomach (NOW Foods recommends taking it between meals) has a subtle yet unmistakeable calming effect on me. I've taken taurine at different times of the day without any unwanted side effects (e.g., I've never felt sedated after taking taurine).