works

Posted by Reviewer1605635 on Feb 11, 2013

I was not ovulating regularly for over a year. I finally narrowed the problem down to my thyroid (while technically within range, it had gone up by a full point between physicals and many people question the range currently set by modern medicine), possibly resulting from lack of iodine (I never eat traditional table salt). Anyway, took one of these/day and got my period a week later. And I've been regular for the past 3 months. THANK YOU for this wonderful product!

so far so good

Posted by lauraandrews on Jan 14, 2013

I chose Now Foods' thyroid supplement because this was the one my naturopath recommended to me. The addition of l-tyrosine is something that other thyroid supplements might not have and Now is a brand and company that I trust. My hair used to shed worse than my dog's... it would come out in clumps every day and was very thin. It really doesn't fall out at all any more and it's much thicker. This is the most noticeable thing that this supplement has helped with, and it does help with energy. Having MS, that is a major concern for me. The only reason I might be tempted to not take these consistently is that they are quite big to swallow, wish they were smaller capsules.

HYPOTHYROID

Posted by Kyriaki on Jan 12, 2013

This supplement is much like prescription medication. It's potent and it works but it comes with side-effects and be prepared to accept it when your body builds up tolerance towards it. I started taking it about 3 years ago. The advantages: the hair sprouted on my head, i was more tolerant to cold, I was able to eat like everybody else and lost weight in the process!, my feet stopped hurting, my wrist stopped hurting. The disadvantages were/are: inner swelling in throat (sometimes the feeling of fullness is so much you feel your wind pipe might close); your body odour will change -especially your head- you'll smell like the capsules do; severe night sweats, some sleep disturbance, heart flutterings/palpitations, increase in appetite. In the second year I noticed i had built up a tolerance and that my new (normal) eating habits had to be reverted as i was gaining back the weight i'd lost. The problem here is that these supplements will get your metabolism working faster but they will also increase your appetite. I also noticed that my wrist was having bad days. I decided to stop taking these. After about 2 weeks i noticed tinnitus (ringing in ears) i had never had this symptom of HYPO before, i also noticed how tired i became again and my feet and wrist were killing me. I started taking these again. In conclusion, i cannot go without them because they relieve many symptoms of hypothyroid but 2 caps a day aren't enough anymore and there is no weight loss anymore. I fight the increase in appetite and bear with the smell because tinnitus and cramped feet and no energy are just too much. I worry that my hypo condition got worse and hope that they worked so well that i forgot how bad i was. Do not take these if you do not have a thyroid issue as they might induce one.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2156323 on Dec 31, 2012

I purchase this product regularly. It has all the ingredients to support thyroid health in one bottle. Now Foods makes quality products at a competitive price.

Very good

Posted by Vereliahu on Dec 30, 2012

Haven't tried this one yet but the ingredient list shows it is a good product

...ITS NOT ALL IN YOUR HEAD.....

Posted by Reviewer1712745 on Dec 28, 2012

When I was 40 years old my system went completely haywire. I had some gradual onset of symptoms prior to that, but youth can fight these things-to a point. For 12 years I have struggled with Chronic Pain in my joints and muscles,depression and fatigue to the point of inability to function...and have had every form of anti depressant thrown at me with non-lasting results. ( I have also fired two Rheumatologists who are fond of pushing Cymbalta and Lyrica). I finally DID my own homework. Gather up your most recent lab work. If your thyroid is "low normal" and your doctor says, it is "fine" and you feel like crap..keep reading. SO: 1. If you thyroid is Low/Low Normal. 2. You are always COLD and your temperature in somewhere in the 97. somethings...keep on reading. 3. If your Vitamin D level is Low.., 4. If the CO 2 Level is high and your Oxygen level is LOW in your blood ; 5. If your red/white blood cell count is OK...except you have an maybe one or two WBC counts that look sort of high but not across the threshold...keep reading... THAT IS INFLAMMATION. Even if you don't test positive for LUPUS, RA or MS...we've all been tested-and are told we are FINE! Well that doesn't mean that at some point it won't develop if we don't address an endocrine system out of whack and PRIMARILY the shot caller...THE THYROID GLAND and also address your body's inflammation response. Centuries ago people were prescribed IODINE....yep.. It is what kick starts the Thyroid's synthesis process. IF YOU ARE NOT ALLERGIC TO IODINE...This product will make you feel much much better and you will not constantly BE FREEZING. Also...ADD VITAMIN D...If you are menopausal or hovering...I guarantee you, that you are deficient-this also helps with sleep and overall mood. I have also added again, the old plant based IRON supplement. I am 2 months into this and feel much better. I have also eliminated ALL red meat and high fat dairy-in short, any food with nitrates/preservatives or are inflammation causing. I am also on HRT with bioidentical hormones and that is also a big help. IT takes a long time and MD supervision to titrate off of psych. meds. Some worked better than others and THEY do have their place and may again, in my life, if need be. But for me, addressing the causal factor in light of the fleeting efficacy of the psych meds became a mission. AS THE SAYING GOES ALL YOU HAVE TO CHANGE IS EVERYTHING.

Good

Posted by sunflower on Dec 27, 2012

This is comparable to other more expensive brands on the market. It is very comparable to Lorna Vanderhaeghe's thyroid supplements. The ingredients are almost identical, without paying more.

Excellent for Energy!

Posted by cherokeegirldonna on Dec 24, 2012

I have both lupus and fibromyalgia. They both sap me of energy. In taking Thyroid Energy, I find after 20 minutes that I have energy to get household work done or to run numerous errands. Unlike the boost of energy from caffeine that causes the body to crash, this product does not give that effect. I highly recommend Thyroid Energy.

too early to say

Posted by Reviewer2446553 on Dec 17, 2012

Have just started using. Too early to rate

se nota.

Posted by 4993466679708149012 on Dec 16, 2012

rotundamente, si, se nota. la digestion es más rapida, notas que tu temperatura se eleva, quemas mas grasa, muy buen acompañante de un termogenico con estimulantes.