Now Foods, Tru-C BioComplex, 60 Veggie Caps

Reviews 4-star

Exellent value on a whole food source of C

Posted by NBPT100 on Feb 05, 2014

Much has been written here on the benefits of this product and I agree with much of it. I have been using Vitamin C for over 25 years in different forms. From my personal experience I totally believe that the benefit of a Whole food vitamin is superior to isolated synthetic vitamins. I have also found from experience, when you get your vitamins from whole food sources you don't need to take huge amounts to get the same benefit as you would with a synthetic. I use to take 3-5grams of Ascorbic acid a day. Usually multi-dosing through out the day. Most ascorbic acid today is manufactured from Corn. Mostly GMO corn. Why would you even want to consider taking that? With a whole food source you are getting all of the other constituents (like the bio flavonoids) that work synergistically with that vitamin. This is the way your body was designed to absorb nutrition. To me, this seems very logical. You would not put diesel fuel in your sports car? Put in your body the fuel it was designed to run on. I take two caps of these a day. One with Breakfast and one with either lunch or dinner. When I am feeling run down I will double my dose and maybe add some additional B-vitamins. I do feel a difference. Much more than when I was taking synthetic C in much higher amounts. This is a great product, however,I am only giving this 4 stars vs. 5 because I am disappointed NOW does not offer this in a bulk powder form and allow folks a greater savings. I find more and more people on fixed incomes are not taking important supplements or are substituting cheaper multi-vitamins. If you found this review helpful, kindly indicate that by clicking on the Yes Button. Also, visit my iherb Home page to see many more value added reviews. Peace and good health!

Natural source of Vitamin C

Posted by adechamplain on Apr 18, 2012

This product comes at a great price and all natural source of vitamin C. Conveniently in capsules for when you are not making a shake so it's easy to take with meals. Doesn't hurt my stomach either. Reviewed in April 2012. I've decided now that I prefer to use products that don't have any magnesium Stereate in them or any expedient which are just in there to facilitate the movement of the powder in the machinery that puts the powder in the capsules. Not really great stuff for the body however. I usually prefer now to take my Vitamin C in powder form which reduces the need for any fillers or expedients and also see if other companies can provide capsules without those added ingredients. However I've been a long time fan of Now but use them for powder form supplements mostly.

Nice simple but complete C supplement

Posted by Reviewer1936264 on May 07, 2012

I find this easier to digest than Ester-C (by "easier" I mean I've never noticed an aftertaste), it's a reasonable dosage, and a good price. Very happy with it.

Made a convert out of me

Posted by Reviewer2949279 on Feb 20, 2012

I'd been using Alive Vitamin C until the prices went up and I couldn't justify sticking with the product. I began looking for alternatives with the same natural/whole food source for Vitamin C and found this. It works just as well, for a fraction of the price. Now Foods has done it again!

GOOD

Posted by Reviewer3326316 on Apr 27, 2011

GOOD, BUT NEED 2 VCAPS TO SENSE THE EFFECT. I USE WITH L-LISINE FOR MY IMUNE SISTEM.