Not Bad

Posted by Reviewer2781224 on Mar 30, 2009

250 capsules in person is a lot more than 250 imagined capsules! Huge bottle - lasts a really long time. I decided to try this stuff to see if I could take it instead of a klonopin for when I have more mild anxiety. I've found that it's not a bad alternative, but works best if taken at the beginning of the day - it makes me less prone to feel anxiety. It will not, however, do much about anxious feelings once they've already started. And as for helping to sleep, definitely take two. Overall, I'd say I'm fairly impressed. Definitely worth a try. Especially for the price!

Essential Relaxant.

Posted by Reviewer1885707 on Oct 26, 2009

It is essential to have as a relaxant. Not really for sleeping. It is a healthy herb to help unwind or calm yourself naturally. Very noticeable for the first few weeks, and dramatically tapers off. But still a great herb, that I will always have on hand. It is mild in comparison to kava kava though. It is a must have for anyone suffering any form of anxiety or chronic stress. Smells like funky gym equipment though!..lol

Anxiety, Sleep and overall stress

Posted by Reviewer1085742 on May 01, 2010

Though not advertised for Anxiety it works well for mild to slightly moderate levels. Have to try to steer the mind away from thoughts of worry also not just take it like a "pharm" pill. Helps with relaxation and going to sleep. Don't take too many at one time as it can actually INCREASE negative symptoms 3 should be about the maximum at one time Maybe 4. Go off of it occationally so your body/mind can adjust without it and it will be more effective if you have to use it again later. Can be taken during the day in smaller quanities without making sleepy just use less and guage your response to it. I will not be without this aid myself.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer3024013 on Jan 27, 2008

Good product for the price. One word of warning though. Some people, namely myself, have opposite reactions to Valerian (excitement). If you want to take valerian to calm down, be aware of this growing phenomenon. There have been more instances of hyperactivity to valerian found in heavy coffee drinkers.

Smells terrible, works great

Posted by Reviewer1515632 on Apr 24, 2009

I use this with two-stage release melatonin, and a pitch black room for a FINALLY great night sleep - all the way through the night! NOW has great prices and I love the guaranteed gluten free on the label.

Valerian Root, capsules

Posted by Reviewer2530516 on Jul 22, 2008

pros: for the purpose of relaxing and getting to sleep, it works very well for me, a couple of capsules 2 hours before going bed equals a good nights sleep. cons: product has a very strong smell that takes some getting use to, I highly recommened the capsules as they are easer to take as opposed to the tea bags.

Value for money

Posted by Reviewer2928820 on Mar 03, 2010

At half the strength of what chemists sell in Australia I require at least 2 of these to meet one of my usual tablets. Having said that the value for money compensates for this.

Great for sleep

Posted by Reviewer1215984 on Dec 30, 2010

My son is a college student and because his schedule shifts he was having problems falling asleep. This helped him tremendously.

Better quality of sleep

Posted by 5351159699619416814 on Feb 24, 2016

These pills do stink so I hold my breath when taking them. On the other hand, they help me to relax during sleep so improving the quality of sleep. I finally get the rest I need when I have a demanding day ahead of me.

quite effective

Posted by Reviewer2244061 on Nov 20, 2007

helps me feel tired at night

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »