LOVE 'em! (but not the smell)

Posted by Reviewer3071228 on Sep 19, 2008

I've always been one to stay up 'til the wee hours of the morning even when I was tired. I also have restless leg syndrome, which exacerbates my insomnia. I was hesitant to use any serious sleep medications, so I thought I'd try valerian (believe it or not, based on the recommendation of a holistic vet). These pills are magic, albeit stinky. I take two before getting into bed and they allow me to simply fall asleep when I'm tired. I've also noticed a marked decrease in my RLS since I'm sleeping better. My teenage son also struggles with the same conditions I do, so I gave the valerian to him (with pediatrician's okay) and he swears by them. Without the extra little calming affect, he'd be up through the night. They are non-addictive and don't really make you sleepy, just allow you to sleep when tired. Highly recommended to all who suffer as we USED TO!

Nighty night

Posted by Reviewer3180222 on Nov 05, 2007

This no frills non standardized supplement does the job.My wife and I use this regularly and find it enhances all phases of sleep. We get to sleep easier and sleep deeper. Great product at a great price.

Valerian Root

Posted by Reviewer1872135 on Apr 23, 2008

Works well for muscle relaxation and stressful times...good sleep aid.

Now Valarien Root

Posted by Reviewer2438926 on Jul 27, 2014

I have Lyme insomnia - I havent slept unaided for 5 1/2 years now. I rely on valium, a special chinese crystalized herb called Yan Hu suo. Before I crashed with Lyme i had early morning waking for 19 years from the bacrerial infecton and I used to gobble down expemsive mexican valerian to get back to sleepat 4am. Since I discovered iherb(Thankyou iherb - you are an absolute godsend to those of us who spend a fortune on supplements - Im getting alot of my Lyme herbs here too so with out you I wouldnt be surviving),any way I find Nows Valerian capsules just as good as the expensive mexican(which I was told was better) and they help me sleep deeper. They're excellent AND a great price. Im buying alot of Now herbs. Bless - from Australia Tiana

Great product, fast shipping!

Posted by 5171905546835619228 on Apr 05, 2016

This product is a really good one. im using it for anxiety and sleeping problems along with melatonin which seem to knock me out after 30 mins. my anxiety is mostly irritability towards those who are close to me and i manage to feel "normal" towards others and not "hold grudges" for stupid things others have done. All in all, this product is awesome for anxiety and sleeping problems. i really recommend it. i have not tested other brands but this NOW brand is a great bang for the buck.

sleep

Posted by Reviewer3161256 on Jan 30, 2008

couldn't sleep without it. helps me go to sleep fairly quickly every night.

Sleep All Night

Posted by Reviewer2423863 on Jan 05, 2009

I never wake up in the middle of the night now. Valerian doesn't help me fall asleep, but when I do, it's lights out until morning. And I sleep fewer hours now - about 6.5. Very high quality sleep, very refreshed feeling in the morning.

Works great for sleep.

Posted by 5039621542886078686 on Apr 11, 2016

I take two capsules nightly and they definitely get the job done. I don't feel groggy upon wakening. Great value and on my reorder list every month!

Relaxing effect aids sleeping

Posted by Reviewer2862031 on Apr 19, 2008

Works very well. After about an hour I can feel relaxation taking place in neck muscles that I previously noticed were tense. Once asleep I stay asleep till it's time to get up.

Now Foods, Valerian Root, 500mg.

Posted by Reviewer2845153 on May 16, 2008

Valerian is a great herb which does not smell the best. But it is a muscle relaxant. I take Melatonin for sleeping but when it is not enough I add 2 capsules of Valerian and sleep like a baby.