Best

Posted by 5367308278076799797 on Dec 28, 2015

Best valerain on market, non filters, be carefull with long term taking, similar like melatonin, it can cause addiction, so that you cant sleep it without it, also valerian turn on cytochrome P450 in liver, so long term taking and in combination with similar meds is to heavy for liver.

Valerian calms the mind.

Posted by Reviewer1408592 on Dec 29, 2010

I started taking these a couple of years ago after a bereavement to try to get to sleep, and I still take them occasionally now as they work so well for me. They stop all the unwanted thoughts swirling around and are so calming that sleep comes easily. I found that they do not make me groggy in the morning and I wake feeling rested. I would recommend these to anyone who is stressed for what ever reason as they really worked for me.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer2852593 on Mar 01, 2012

Finally, found something that worked for my husband to sleep.My husband has taken every over the counter and prescription known to man for sleep,nothing ever worked until Valerian root! He takes this with melatonin and l-tryptophan.Valerian seems to work better once it gets build up in your system.Sometimes he will take a few valerian just to relax.This brand of valerian is the best we have found and we have tired many.Iherb also has the best prices! 5 STARS across the board.

Great for sleep

Posted by Reviewer1215984 on Dec 30, 2010

My son is a college student and because his schedule shifts he was having problems falling asleep. This helped him tremendously.

Value for money

Posted by Reviewer2928820 on Mar 03, 2010

At half the strength of what chemists sell in Australia I require at least 2 of these to meet one of my usual tablets. Having said that the value for money compensates for this.

Smells terrible, works great

Posted by Reviewer1515632 on Apr 24, 2009

I use this with two-stage release melatonin, and a pitch black room for a FINALLY great night sleep - all the way through the night! NOW has great prices and I love the guaranteed gluten free on the label.

quite effective

Posted by Reviewer2244061 on Nov 20, 2007

helps me feel tired at night

Valerian Root, capsules

Posted by Reviewer2530516 on Jul 22, 2008

pros: for the purpose of relaxing and getting to sleep, it works very well for me, a couple of capsules 2 hours before going bed equals a good nights sleep. cons: product has a very strong smell that takes some getting use to, I highly recommened the capsules as they are easer to take as opposed to the tea bags.

Now Foods valerian root

Posted by Reviewer2982438 on May 26, 2008

I had trouble sleeping when I took these as recommended, if you can believe that. They seem strong and fresh from the smell, but for some reason I am reacting strangely to it. I have taken Valium without issues and other valerian root, so I am not sure of the reason for this. I cut back on the dosage with better results.

I cannot use it

Posted by Reviewer2905775 on Jan 28, 2011

It affects me like a diuretic