I use this as a sweetener in baking.

Posted by Reviewer1710429 on Nov 16, 2009

I called the company. The vegetable source is palm. I use it in baking for my autistic son, who needs to avoid cane & corn sugar. It made my gluten-free brownie recipe light & fluffy. It's much sweeter than sugar & you have to reduce the amount of other liquid if you substitute for granulated sugar. I would substitute 2/3 c veg. glycerin for each cup of sugar & reduce other liquid by 1/4 c.

Good for skin

Posted by Reviewer2147503 on Nov 10, 2008

I mix this with filtered water in a spray bottle (approx. 1 part glycerin to 6 parts water). Makes it easy to spray on arms and legs, face, hands, etc. It keeps my skin from drying out and makes it smooth and soft. It feels slightly sticky right after applying but only for about 5-10 minutes. Skin feels smooth and soft the rest of the day! I-Herb is great! I've placed a number of orders and every time everything has been packaged well and arrived without any problems. I buy nearly all my vitamins, personal care, and even some food items from them. Never been disappointed!

All purpose moisturizer

Posted by Reviewer1135211 on Jan 14, 2010

My skin and hair get extremely dry in the winter so I use a mix of about 3/4 cup glycerin to 1/4 cup of water in a small spritzer bottle. I spray it on my hair during the week and on my skin after I shower. My hair and skin gets so soft & moisturized. My nose peels really really bad in the winter but after I clean my face, I spray this mix in my hands and rub on my face. My skin (especially my nose) is so moisturized and clear since I've been using glycerin. I have been on a quest to use more natural & simple ingredients in my daily routines and this is a keeper. It has replaced alot of expensive hair & skin moisturizers I have purchased in the past. Highly recommend!!

Now Foods, Vegetable Glycerin, 16 fl oz, 473 ml

Posted by Reviewer1035199 on Feb 12, 2009

I mix it with my coffee every morning. Tasteless, I use it for constipation. Very helpful.

One of the most controversial moisturizers.

Posted by Leione on Apr 27, 2014

Glycerine is undoubtedly one of the most well-known and controversial products out there, if not the most. Some people rave about its amazing humectant, emollient, moisturizing, nourishing, protective, soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties, claiming that it attracts and locks in moisture deeply moisturizing, nourishing, softening and replenishing the skin, improving its elasticity, making its smooth, and supple, preventing dryness, dehydration and flakiness, that's why it's added to so many cosmetic products, while others claim that glycerine is a hygroscopic substance attracting, absorbing and retaining moisture, and if the air humidity is less than 65%, it will instead draw moisture out of the lower layers of the skin, which results in the upper layers of the skin feeling soft and conditioned, while in reality the newly formed inner layers are drying out. But the view closest to reality is that glycerine does both: it draws water out of the atmosphere to the skin and moisturizes it, but when it is less humid, it may draw moisture from under the skin and dry it out. Overall, this vegetable glycerine is a pretty good product: it's derived from Non-GMO palm or vegetable oil and doesn't come from animal sources, which makes it safe for use, it actually does moisturize and soften dry and rough patches on my skin, but shea or cocoa butter does a better job.

Very Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2847771 on Mar 13, 2008

I primarily use this for my hair and skin products. It has a consistency similar to honey, and acts as a humectant (moisture-attracting) for my skin and hair. It can also be used as a substitute sweetener, and I have tried it will my tea on occasion. I love this stuff, I'll be ordering again.

The best to treat my baby's eczema

Posted by Reviewer3086358 on Dec 20, 2010

This is the best remedie I found for my 7-month-old baby with eczema. It takes away the redness and also the itch almost after one application. I don't have to use a steroid cream anymore. My baby has a babysoft skin now..I LOVE IT!!!!

Works Great On My Hair

Posted by Reviewer3244114 on Jul 12, 2008

Sofar I've used this product mainly to style my natural hair which is fine,medium kinky, dry, and frizzy. I love that it leaves a sheen to my hair without being greasy and it really helps to eliminate frizz. I'm able to achieve this by adding some distilled water to the veg. gly.. It also helps to define my curls. I've added it to my body lotion and it's more moisturizing.

Vegetable Glycerin

Posted by Reviewer3214862 on May 25, 2008

I love the fact that you can use this as a natural sweetner, I use a little in a spray bottle with water to make my hair softer and it does the job nicely, the price is right also.

Lots of uses

Posted by Reviewer2415697 on Apr 04, 2009

I purchased this primarily as a skin conditioner, but took a swig for a scratchy throat. Taking a tip from a forum, I also used some on a cloth to clean up sticky freezer mess, and it worked well for both uses! Cheryl K.