Now Foods, Virgin Coconut Oil, 1000 mg, 120 Softgels

Reviews 2-star

Coconut softgels

Posted by Reviewer1646876 on Apr 26, 2010

I was excited with the concept of having softgels available, however, I am extremely disappointed after having read and compared the gram count vs. the coconut oil in the jar. Compared to the coconut oil in the jar,the softgels only give you a few drops of coconut oil per serving because of fillers. 1 tbs. of coconut oil is 14 grams, 3 softgels, only 4 grams. I don't understand why the companies would not fill the softgels with pure coconut oil rather than using fillers. In my opinion, this compromises the quality of the product.

expensive

Posted by Reviewer2041735 on Aug 31, 2008

these are fine but is an expensive way to use the product, I prefer to taste the cocunut so I have pierce the gel with my teeth and suck the coconut out then spit out the coconut, avoid if you love the taste of the coconut oil and take using a spoon.

I hate gelatin

Posted by Reviewer1453739 on Mar 03, 2011

I didn't know it has a gelatin. I am a vegan. So I gave it to someone. I wanted coconut OIL(Liquid type). OTL

Ok, but not as great as eating coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer3272948 on Jun 12, 2011

I bought these to take with me on vacation. I usually cook with coconut oil, using about 2 tablespoons a day for joint pain. I took 9 pills a day while on a two week vacation. They helped alleviate some of the pain, but not all. If you are using for joint pain I would suggest taking organic evco (either eating by spoonful or cooking with it) for optimal relief. I think you would just have to take so many of the pills to see same results, and with pills comes the actual capsule ,etc which has lots of other possibly unhealthy ingredients.

Not Extra Virgin

Posted by Reviewer1598433 on Jul 25, 2012

Unfortunately, this is only virgin and not extra virgin coconut oil. Still prefers the other brand, Jarrow Formulas.