Stave off viral infections

Posted by Katherine on Dec 22, 2007

Based on a World Health Organization treatment protocol for measles in young and very young children, I take 100,000 IU vitamin A (not beta carotene, one single dose per day for three days. I've had amazing success fighting off nasal-swab diagnosed influenza in 24 hours and many colds. I use it in combination with lowish dose zinc lozenges, Natural Factors Anti-V and 500 mg vitamin c. The zinc, anti-v and c i take every two hours for a few days. I have been able to fight off, in very short order, every viral illness that has attempted to come my way in the last 2.5 years. It's been amazing. Of course, high doses of vitamin A are not appropriate for anyone who is pregnant or could become pregnant.

CAUTION FOR ASTHMA / LOW IRON - depletes other nutrients and *causes* asthma

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Nov 23, 2013

Suggest limited/occasional use only. Vit A increases transferrin - higher doses can be detrimental to anyone low in iron, asthmatics, etc. I do not recommend vit A in this dose because it is too effective - it causes me to get breathless, in a very unpleasant way. I end up having to supplement other things to compensate (when they're normally not necessary). At this dose it's too much of a balancing act - even limited/occasional use, I find it just gets metabolised much too quickly. I want a natural vit A, however it seems impossible to find one in lower doses, especially one that isn't cod. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

One of the most overlooked vitamins

Posted by Reviewer3353602 on Nov 03, 2008

Besides the well known protection for the eyes and the brain, it keeps me warm in colder climates. It does not heat the body, but it seem to help to prevent my body from losing warmth.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1348336 on Aug 19, 2008

I take this to help my acne and it has worked wonders!

Great buy. Very necessary supplement.

Posted by Reviewer1052600 on Sep 03, 2008

Best buy I've found on Vitamin A. Only 25,000 IU per capsule that I can still find. I take 8 a day for respiratory problems.

Vitamin A for immunity - as recommended by Dr. Linus Pauling PhD in his book "How to Live Longer and Feel Better"

Posted by 5300703409650816211 on Jan 21, 2014

Vitamin A is essential for immune function, for lung function, and for infection. Vitamin A is especially great if you come down with an infection (viral infection such as measles, etc). Look it up on the internet. I recommend the following daily vitamin regimen as recommended by Linus Pauling, PhD (Two-time Nobel Prize winning scientist) in his book "How To Live Longer and Feel Better" . 1 Multivitamin per day 25000 IU Vitamin A per day 400 IU Vitamin E per day 6000 mg of Vitamin C per day 1 B-100 Complex per day 2000 IU Vitamin D per day 1000 mg fish oil Omega 3 per day

Inflammation

Posted by Reviewer1111821 on Sep 18, 2009

I take 10 pills every third day and my Prostatitis is under control.

Keeps you warm

Posted by burdypie on Sep 07, 2009

this is helping my weird lungs and their constant infections...also has stopped my mild asthma. Terrific high dosage,wonderful stuff and it works...and keeps you warm as well.

Acne-fighting, but beware of the dosage

Posted by DinaB123 on Jul 03, 2012

This high dosage is recommended for 30 DAY intake only to kick-off a new acne-fighting campaign. Taken with vitamin E, primrose oil and zinc citrate, it helps celar up the skin.

Effective and Good Value

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on Apr 21, 2008

It seems to deliver just as potent a dose as other 'A' products. I have no problem taking them between meals with calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D.