D3 Hi Potency 5k iu

Posted by Reviewer1531078 on Dec 03, 2008

I am on a supplement program for help in treating Fibromyalgia and the strength is what my doctor has me on. I found the exact qty, dosage for much less on your site. My doctor has me on this vitamin as one of the many supplements in treating Fibromyalgia. I found the exact strength and components much cheaper at your site than anywhere else.

Fantastic Product !!

Posted by Reviewer1229258 on Dec 07, 2008

Great strength superfast delivery noticed better benefits and results using this oil base for D3 than the usual powder capsules/pill etc.Well done NOW and Iherb for this product.

Loved it

Posted by Reviewer1290198 on Mar 06, 2009

Very impressed with the prod. Was told to take Vita D-3 to help with over all mood. Very mall pills. Shipping was fast.

Possibly brought down the frequency of my migraines

Posted by Reviewer2415662 on Jun 09, 2011

I ordered these in November 2009, as I had a blood test at the Dr's and was found to be low in vitamin D. I was prescribed a low dose Vit d2/calcium, but after doing a lot of research, I realised that vitamin D3 is much better assimulated by the body (i have digestive problems). I have been very ill with ME and chronic migraines now for 17 years. The migraines last 3 days and come every 1-2 weeks. I didn't keep really accurate records, but I know that over winter last 2009 and up until about May 2010 (the period I was taking this supplement) my migraines became much less frequent. Sometimes it was every 2 weeks, but then often it was every 3, 4 or even 5 weeks between migraines!!! This was miraculous for me, as I have never had this happen before!! This past year has been the most stressful and upsetting year of my life, so I couldn't understand how come the migraines were coming a lot less frequently. It wasn't until I ran out of these D3's that I began wondering if it was them that had made the difference, as the migraines then went back to every 1-2 weeks! As the dr had prescribed vit D/calcium and had sent me to a rheumatologist, I was keen to take the calcium with it as well. I have now started taking another D3 supplement of 5,000iu which includes 100mg of calcium. Also since June 2010 I have suffered with what I now believe to be Perioral Dermatitis around my eyes (red, burning rash). When I was researching it, I read that D3 may help with dermatitis, so I live in hopes!! Update in June 2011: I am still convinced that this vit d supplement helps my migraines. I have taken it now on and off for 1.5 years and each time I run out my migraine frequency increases, as does the severity. There is no real explanation for this, but it does seem to be the case, so I will continue to take them, and periodically have a vitamin d test at the drs. When I first began to take them, I was deficient, but the last test I had done, showed that my levels had increased to what the dr said was within normal range. Upon doing some research though, I realised that I am still towards the lower level of normal, so I will keep taking them. Seemingly.... a God send!!

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, 5,000 IU, 120 Softgels

Posted by dur260 on Sep 21, 2012

These vitamin D-3 softgels are great because they come with the oil (fat) need to help absord the vitamin D. D-3 is more absorbable than D-2 - so these are great. At 5,000 UI it's a great bargain cost wise; you only need to take one softgel per day. In my experience researching and using supplements, Now Foods is a great brand to choose.

a good product for skin

Posted by Reviewer1349224 on May 30, 2009

I think this could be very important to people who who live in areas were there is little sun and good for your skin to keep it moisterized so use it at night, I split a few capsulles and mix it with a moisterizer lotion on my hand.

Tom Key

Posted by Reviewer1307902 on Jan 17, 2009

I've only just started taking the product for a couple of weeks, but only taking it twice a week, and I do notice an increase in energy level after a taking a dose.

Doctor Prescribed

Posted by Reviewer2827383 on Jun 26, 2009

My vitamin D was low and my doctor prescribed 50,000 IU per week but my insurance wouldn't cover vitamins so the doctor told me to get over the counter D-3. I went online and found the 5000 IU on this site and purchased it but before I opened it I took it to him and asked him if I should take it and if so how much. He told me it was OK and that I should take 1 daily. My blood work shows that my vitamin D levels have improved so I am pleased with the product.

Migraine relief

Posted by Reviewer1322743 on Aug 01, 2009

Taking lots of supplements and eating a high protein, high good fat diet, low simple carbs. So not sure what is helping but there is definite improvement. From 6days down to 2-3days of pain. Armour thyroid is now also on my regime since being diagnosed with Hashimoto disease also.

Well worth it!

Posted by Reviewer3006609 on Aug 28, 2009

I started taking this supplement as part of a recommended regimen for alleviating PMS/PMDD symptoms. It's only been one month and already I'm experiencing zero symptoms of PMS. Adding high potency Vitamin D to my diet was well worth the investment.