Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, 5,000 IU, 120 Softgels

Doctor Prescribed

Posted by Reviewer2827383 on Jun 26, 2009

My vitamin D was low and my doctor prescribed 50,000 IU per week but my insurance wouldn't cover vitamins so the doctor told me to get over the counter D-3. I went online and found the 5000 IU on this site and purchased it but before I opened it I took it to him and asked him if I should take it and if so how much. He told me it was OK and that I should take 1 daily. My blood work shows that my vitamin D levels have improved so I am pleased with the product.

Migraine relief

Posted by Reviewer1322743 on Aug 01, 2009

Taking lots of supplements and eating a high protein, high good fat diet, low simple carbs. So not sure what is helping but there is definite improvement. From 6days down to 2-3days of pain. Armour thyroid is now also on my regime since being diagnosed with Hashimoto disease also.

Hight potency vitamon D3

Posted by Reviewer1365586 on Dec 17, 2008

Small transparent soft capsules, so very easy to shallow. Recently impotent role of Vitamin D3 for heart, muscle and cancers has been raised. Most people may be under vitamin d3 deficiency. 2000 IU a day recommended, so has taken three a week and then will reduce to two a week.

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, 5,000 IU, 120 Softgels

Posted by dur260 on Sep 21, 2012

These vitamin D-3 softgels are great because they come with the oil (fat) need to help absord the vitamin D. D-3 is more absorbable than D-2 - so these are great. At 5,000 UI it's a great bargain cost wise; you only need to take one softgel per day. In my experience researching and using supplements, Now Foods is a great brand to choose.

Super Strength

Posted by philbeer on Jun 23, 2012

This Vitamin D supplement is fantastic. It provides a decent enough dose for people like me who dont get to see the sun often enough to provide an adequate source. It takes about 24/48 hours for vitamin D to enter the blood stream after having adequate exposure to the sun, and even then, if you wash with soap, all that good work out in the sun will wash away. It has been said before that placing a drop of the Essential Oil of Orange with Vit D3, will increase its absorption and bring those vitamin D levels back up to standard.