EVERYONE NEEDS MORE VITAMIN D!!

Posted by Reviewer3286239 on Jul 19, 2008

I absolutely LOVE these little softgels, and I make sure the whole family gets their daily dose of this VERY essential vitamin! My husband's and my blood pressure has gone WAY down with a daily dose of 3000IU, and that is the only thing we've added to our regimen of allopathic and natural supplements. This little vitamin is TERRIFIC!!

Very Affordable Vitamin D3 If You Do Not Need A Stronger Formula

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 07, 2015

I give the product four stars because it does not state that the olive oil would be coldpressed as I would like to see. 1,000 IU = 25 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D. You should meaure your vitamin D level sometimes to see that you are getting enough this very important sun vitamin. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and last time my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage that is 2,000- 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

No side effects but no noticed benefits

Posted by PurplePegasus on Apr 03, 2016

Just I think it's because I was diagnosed as low on vitamin D. My doctor wanted to put me on a 50000 IU pill once a week and that would have been too much for my system. So I take this as maintenance, 1 a day. I guess it's good enough.

4,000 IU of D3 daily year round

Posted by Reviewer1981810 on Oct 07, 2007

In March 2007 a study said: 4,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily required for ideal cancer prevention blood level of 55ng/ml 25(OH)D especially for those who avoid sun as advised by skin doctors. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007 Mar;103(3-5):708-11.

Great product in excellent price

Posted by 5022499384240381861 on Oct 13, 2016

Thanks NOW Foods for such a high quality Vitamin D3 in easy to swallow softgel capsules. The great news is that this product is certified Halal and available on iHerb with unbeatable low price Our family is using it for several months and very satisfied with it. 1000 Units each softgel allow us to manage the in-take units quantity for Adults and Children

Elaine

Posted by Reviewer1973262 on Mar 05, 2008

I am taking 3 of these gels a day as I have MS. My doctor says that studies show people low in this vitamin D have a higher susceptibility to autoimmune illnesses. I am making my 3 children taking 1 pill a day as a preventative.

D-3 for knee pain

Posted by Reviewer2031796 on Mar 27, 2010

Have been experiencing pain in knees when climbing or descending stairs but have found that a good dose of D-3 a couple of times a day seems to mitigate the problem.

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3 1000 IU

Posted by Reviewer2037777 on Nov 14, 2009

I am on vitamin d per my Rheumatologist. Since I been on Vitamin D I feel much better, energy level has peaked. Just needed to get my family members started on Vitamin D-3.

Vitamin D-3

Posted by Reviewer2043035 on Jun 05, 2008

These are the best for the money. I've been using them for about six months and am very pleased with the results in my lab work showing great vitamin D levels!

Tiny and soy-free

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jan 23, 2008

Olive oil to the rescue for we who need soy-free solutions with higher doses of vitamin D. Great job!