New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, High Potency, 1000 IU, 180 Softgels

Recommended dose

Posted by Reviewer3088906 on Feb 02, 2008

1000 IU/day is the current recommendation among certain populations. The general consensus is that concerns over Vitamin D toxicity have been overstated, and that individuals living in certain parts of the world (above a certain latitudinal lines) are simply not exposed to enough UV radiation during the winter months to produce a sufficient amount of Vitamin D. Vitamin D behaves like a hormone in the body, regulating calcium metabolism. (Among other things; for example, it has also been found to have some anticarcinogenic properties).

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1221476 on Jul 22, 2009

I decided to start taking Vitamin D after reading so many studies about its benefits and hearing from a couple of friends how Vitamin D helps with mood. I'm from the northeast and this past June, there were only 4 sunny days in the entire month. ALl other days were raining or heavily overcast. My mood is definitely connected to sunlight (am pretty sure I have seasonal affective disorder) and I was mildly depressed without any life stressors to speak of. Since taking this, my mood is much better, whether or not I'm directly taking in sun to produce Vitamin D naturally.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2209937 on Jun 18, 2009

I give this to one of my daughters to prevent her eczema from flaring up. I give it to all of them to prevent a myriad of problems from chap-lips to sunburn to illness.

Vitamin D-3 1,000 IU

Posted by Reviewer2580104 on Dec 25, 2009

I had my blood work done about 6 months ago and I was 10 points below normal for my vitamin D. For six monts I have taken 1 softgel in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. My last blood work now is 70 points and they say it should be around 80 points. This Now Foods Vitamin D-3 has really worked.

4,000 IU of D3 daily year round

Posted by Reviewer1981810 on Oct 07, 2007

In March 2007 a study said: 4,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily required for ideal cancer prevention blood level of 55ng/ml 25(OH)D especially for those who avoid sun as advised by skin doctors. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007 Mar;103(3-5):708-11.