quality brand

Posted by Reviewer1946803 on Jun 17, 2010

need D with calcium - works together

Very Affordable Vitamin D3 If You Do Not Need A Stronger Formula

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 07, 2015

I give the product four stars because it does not state that the olive oil would be coldpressed as I would like to see. 1,000 IU = 25 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D. You should meaure your vitamin D level sometimes to see that you are getting enough this very important sun vitamin. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and last time my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage that is 2,000- 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

No side effects but no noticed benefits

Posted by PurplePegasus on Apr 03, 2016

Just I think it's because I was diagnosed as low on vitamin D. My doctor wanted to put me on a 50000 IU pill once a week and that would have been too much for my system. So I take this as maintenance, 1 a day. I guess it's good enough.

4,000 IU of D3 daily year round

Posted by Reviewer1981810 on Oct 07, 2007

In March 2007 a study said: 4,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily required for ideal cancer prevention blood level of 55ng/ml 25(OH)D especially for those who avoid sun as advised by skin doctors. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007 Mar;103(3-5):708-11.

Excellent Value!

Posted by Reviewer1054280 on Mar 25, 2007

With research suggesting that people take even more of this vitamin for bone health and cancer protection, this is an easy to swallow tiny gel cap at a great price.

Tiny and soy-free

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jan 23, 2008

Olive oil to the rescue for we who need soy-free solutions with higher doses of vitamin D. Great job!

Elaine

Posted by Reviewer1973262 on Mar 05, 2008

I am taking 3 of these gels a day as I have MS. My doctor says that studies show people low in this vitamin D have a higher susceptibility to autoimmune illnesses. I am making my 3 children taking 1 pill a day as a preventative.

Vitamin D

Posted by Reviewer1586810 on Nov 22, 2008

Taking two a day has raised my Vitamin D levels from below normal to within normal range.

Love the soft gels

Posted by Reviewer2185867 on Sep 01, 2008

I have recently been instructed by my doctor to increase my D sothe Calcium that I take is better absorbed. I LOVE the liqued gels and will always order this product. Shipment was received with in a couple of days of placing the order. I will order again because of their fast shipping and quality of product.

D- 1000 lu works

Posted by Reviewer2354143 on Jun 15, 2008

Helps me cut down a snackind between meals. Vino