excellent source for bone nutrition

Posted by Reviewer2749707 on Feb 23, 2009

these are easy to swallow capsules, that have the Vit D-3 and K-2 needed for healthy bones! excellent for those of us with osteoporosis, or anyone who would like to complete their calcium supplements with the correct additional vitamins

Recommended

Posted by Reviewer2155863 on Mar 31, 2009

Life Extension magazine recently recommended taking K-2 along with D-3, to aid both the bones and the heart. Now Foods is always my trusted brand.

I thought the K2 in here was MK-7 but it's not. It's MK-4

Posted by Specialist on Dec 25, 2013

MK-4 only lasts a few hours in the body while MK-7 lasts about a day. I switched back to Jarrow MK-7 and Healthy Origins Vitamin D3 (5000IU) Now that I know better, 1000IU of D3 in the winter is not enough for me. I've moved up to 5000 IU/day in the winter since I live north of 35 degrees latitude in the US, and that's what the current research suggests. I'd rather take 2 pills(D and K2) and get an effective dose vs. having to take 4-5 of these.

Be Careful!

Posted by Reviewer2084997 on Mar 31, 2011

Had to stop because the Vitamin K made my periods horribly heavy with excessive clotting! Not for everyone!

Great value, and no gelatin!

Posted by Reviewer3231842 on Dec 10, 2008

Recently, I revamped my entire supplement routine so that it is now gelatin free. The three hardest parts were: fish oil, lecithin, and Vitamin D all of which are difficult to find in veggiecaps. With the other two, I ended up getting liquid in a bottle, but this NOW Vitamin D saved the day. Other gelatin-free Vitamin D supplements are generally D-2, but this product is the superior form D3. As an added bonus, it also includes some extra K2 (which is convenient because both D3 and K2 are in slightly smaller quantities than I would like in my otherwise excellent multiple : Life Force Multiple Tablets without Iron).