This strength of Vitamin D allows flexibility in daily intake

Posted by Reviewer3037881 on Jul 19, 2008

Getting the 400 IU strength of Vitamin D-3 allows me to take 800 IU a day (one in the morning and one at night) or even 1200 IU if I want (three a day). Current thinking is that we need more Vitamin D than was previously thought necessary. My doctor has recommended at least 800 IU a day. I have osteoporosis and am being treated for that so he wants to be sure I get enough calcium and vitamin D along with the Fosamax I take. Currently, I have a broken pelvis as a result of a fall and have been advised not to take Fosamax while I am healing from that (which has the 800 IU of vitamin D bundled with it), so I am taking the vitamin D on my as capsules.

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, 400 IU, 180 Softgels

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Dec 15, 2008

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (5 out of 5). High quality vitamin D.

Vitamin D-3, 400 IU, softgels

Posted by Reviewer1073382 on Jul 16, 2009

Packaged well. Capsules appear dry and non-sticky. Product didn't upset my stomach.

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, Structural Support, 400 IU, 180 Softgels

Posted by Reviewer3092754 on Aug 16, 2011

I've read that large doses of vitamin D can be dangerous as contribute to deposition of calcium in the blood vessels. This is a small dosage and for a good price. I am glad to purchase.

Good!

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 25, 2013

I like that the softgels are small and easy to swallow. I would order stronger vitamins if it were allowed to import. It's easy to get a deficit during the dark winters here.

Great - I guess

Posted by ekstravirgin on Oct 11, 2013

How do you rate vitamins - I honestly don't notice any effect. Still, I found the capsules easy to swallow, there were no aftertaste, I guess they're great! Also - they are allowed to be imported into Norway, which is a point as we have restrictions on vitamin D.

I think next time I will go with 1000mg

Posted by 5536595171908109527 on Jan 07, 2014

good quality though

Insufficient potency

Posted by Reviewer2720092 on Mar 22, 2009

One's body stores vitamin D, so that it is not necessary to take it multiple times per day or even per week. Since a desirable minimum daily dosage seems to be about 2000 units, if one is not deficient, this is too little to be useful

ok

Posted by Reviewer2921830 on Jul 10, 2008

ok

Vitamin D-3

Posted by Reviewer1004434 on Aug 24, 2010

Good structural support supplement.