Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Wheat Grass, Certified Organic, 9 oz (255 g)

Works fine

Posted by Reviewer2115751 on Nov 08, 2011

This was a good product, only drawback compared to other similar products I have tried was its problems to dissolve in water when making a juice. The powder was always left in the glass.

zero biological effect: no effect on skin or appetite or energy level

Posted by Reviewer1078080 on Apr 11, 2011

The grassy-gritty taste doesn't bother me, I sprinkle several teaspoons on food or add 1-2 heaped tablespoons to my protein shake. I was hoping it will make my skin calmer (less reddish) and smoother the way eating kiwis and blueberries does, this didn't happen. I also did not observe this powder curbing my apetite or 'giving me more energy' as some reviews here are claiming. Basically it's overpriced dead fiber that doesn't come close, even remotely, to the beneficial effect of eating fresh fruits and vegetables on my skin and health.

Kills our sugar cravings

Posted by Reviewer2455254 on Jan 05, 2009

The product label talks about nutritional content, but we've discovered that two servings per day of this (between meals, like 10a & 3p) helps keep our sugar cravings in check, so reducing carbohydrates in our diet (potatoes & bread specifically) is easier. My husband lost 20lb. just by not attacking the chocolate candy jar after work because he'd had his 'green drink' at 3p. Also we both have more energy after work because we've taken in better nutrition and don't have the sugar zapping us at day's end. That's worth the effort of getting used to the idea of drinking grass! hope this helps.

Unexpected side benefit!!!

Posted by Reviewer3219931 on Feb 08, 2008

This powder is far courser than the fine powder of a product like "Barley Green", and so you have to be a little careful that you don't inhale it into your lungs if you are spooning it in dry and chasing it with water (or it could make you cough like crazy). That aside, when I first saw it I didn't like its' coarseness, but now I hope NOW Foods doesn't ever change it because I discovered a great side benefit! It is GREAT if you ever have that burning feeling in your throat (reflux) after eating something greasy. Now anytime this happens, I take a big spoonful of Now Foods Barley Grass powder and receive great relief of the burning within 2 minutes! It is almost like a miracle, and I wouldn't want to be without it for this reason alone! It works far better and faster than a product like Rolaids or Tums, which I don't need if I have this wheat grass. I can't explain it, but so far only this course grass from Now Foods gave me this benefit.

Super!

Posted by holahola on Apr 29, 2010

Dark green powder, works very well in my green smoothies.