Now Foods, Xylitol

Posted by Reviewer1300096 on Oct 13, 2010

I am a Professional Chef, I use it in my cooking instead of sugar. Taste exactly like sugar but a diabetic can eat it. It does not need Insulin to break it down because of it's carbon link. I also use it as mouth wash, because it kills all the bacteria in your mouth and stomach when you eat it. Our body makes 11g of Xylitol every day and it taste exactly like sugar. So, when we put sugar in the mouth our body thinks it is Xylitol. That's why we get addicted to sugar. You can see I made extensive study on it. By far it is the best sugar substitute which is actually good for our body. I wish prices would go down a little. I believe more people know about it price will go down as they sell more. Regards ...Chef Saad

Not as high quality as I expected

Posted by Reviewer2256452 on Jun 17, 2011

I have been purchasing Xylitol for quite some time from USA manufacturers, using USA grown birch trees, with great satisfaction. Recently I was frustrated with that manufacturer's shipping prices, so I decided to go with i-herb. I am very disappointed in the quality of this product. It is sticky and tastes funny. Pay a few bucks more for shipping and stick with American made Xylitol. Update: iHerb does carry American made xylitol! Emerald Forest Xylitol is the name. It's 100% American made from American grown and harvested birch trees...and the shipping with iHerb is MUCH less expensive than from Emerald Forest's website. THANK YOU iHERB FOR CARRYING SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT AT A GREAT PRICE!!!

Great sugar substitute...

Posted by Reviewer1251564 on Feb 07, 2008

I'm a serious tea drinker, 3-4 cups/daily, and I've been using Xylitol for a few years now, I don't use sugar at all. The taste is great, much healthier choice than sugar and less calories...my name is Paul and I approve of this message!!!

High Quality Cost Effective Source Of Xylitol

Posted by Reviewer1016912 on Dec 22, 2008

Xylitol has gone up in price because it is corn based product (via a bio-chemical process.) Now Foods seems to have locked in good prices with their China vendor and I trust them to exercise quality control on everything they sell. A recent change in the process to make the granular form put tiny holes in each grain making it much easier to dissolve in water. The new version takes up more space which is why the bags now contain 2.5 lbs instead of 3 lbs.

Xylitol Not Allowed - Australia

Posted by Reviewer1078430 on Jan 13, 2011

This product was seized by Australian Customs as it is deemed prohibited.

Wonderful for Sugarless Baking

Posted by Reviewer2666562 on Jun 10, 2008

I do a lot of baking and I find this replaces sugar in most of my recipes very well. It especially works well in custards and cheesecake. My cookies are also good, but they have a slightly different texture than those made with regular granulated sugar. To substitute for brown sugar, add about 1 tsp of molasses for each cup.

My sweetener

Posted by LillaMi on May 29, 2013

The best ever. Tastes like sugar but does not make me tired as I become after sweets and sugar consuption. Good for teeth thanks to its antibacterial properties, perfect for my sore throat which occurs to me often since I live in windy and cold Sweden. 2.5 lbs is enough for abot 3-4 months since I do not bake and use it only to my cup of coffe or tea.

xylitol

Posted by Reviewer3250014 on Nov 12, 2010

no holds barred diarrhea with the smallest amounts of xylitol... 2.5 lbs already sent to the garbage...

Made from corn

Posted by Reviewer2486200 on Sep 28, 2015

In my opinion not a healthy alternative to Xylitol. Now Foods should work on improving their products sooner rather than later also by removing Magnesium Sterate from their supplements.

Love this stuff

Posted by alloriginal on Sep 10, 2014

I've tried to eliminate sugar from my diet, but I can't do without sugar in my coffee! Xylitol to the rescue! This tastes just like sugar. It looks and feels like sugar, and is used in the same amounts as sugar, so it's very easy to use. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.