burning on lips and around mouth

Posted by Reviewer1106828 on Mar 05, 2011

nice taste but unfortunately everyone in our family gets buning and redness whereever the toothpaste touches lips and around mouth. Using the other flavours instead.

Highly irritating

Posted by Reviewer2955372 on Jun 22, 2009

I love Now products but I won't be buying this again. Causes a burning sensation on use and over the next few hours my lips swell and the inside of my mouth/tongue becomes painful. Having never used products with Xylitol as an ingredient, don't know whether it is this ingredient or the essential oils that are causing the irritation. As I write this my mouth and lips are on fire. Buyer beware!

Had a reaction

Posted by Reviewer1499449 on Sep 20, 2010

I had a reaction to this toothpaste. After trying it a few times and with each time I developed sores and infections around my teeth. It took 3 days to be rid of the sores and pain. I did not think at first it could be from the toothpaste but by the 3rd time trying it I realized it is definitely the toothpaste. From the reviews I thought this would be wonderful. I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I must be very allergic to something in this toothpaste!

Reaction to Cinnamon

Posted by Reviewer2531546 on Jun 15, 2010

I noticed my lips and chin where I dribbled the toothpaste were red after a couple of uses. I think the cinnamon in the toothpaste is a little strong. I've used the other Xyliwhite toothpaste with no trouble. I'm still searching for the perfect toothpaste, if this didn't have sorbitol or cocamidopropyl betaine it would be much better.

irritating

Posted by Reviewer2939351 on Jul 24, 2007

This is a great price but after using up a tube I found that it was very irritating to me gums and tongue. I still have a second tube that I won't use. Too bad because the ingredients are good.

very dissapointed

Posted by Reviewer1108829 on Jul 03, 2007

Toothpaste I will not buy again. Not foaming,flavor is super strong. Not refreshing breath at all.

Misrepresented Product

Posted by Reviewer2568128 on Mar 31, 2012

This product description boasts, Free of SLS chemicals (sodium laurel sulfate), then it lists, sodium coco-sulfate, which is the exact same chemical the only difference being it is less processed. We are very careful what products we use, and will not purchase this again, instead opting for Nature's Answer, Periobrite Toothpaste. Shame on you Now Foods.

Very irritating

Posted by 5128835527538874275 on Sep 30, 2016

Stings a lot on gums and lips so this is definitely not for sensitive people. Made my mouth sore for a while after brushing and made the skin around my mouth very red if the paste come to contact with it. The scent and taste is very christmasy (reminds me of gingerbread) but not too icky to make me gag like some other brands. Cleans ok but doesn't whiten teeth at all - quite the opposite: Because of the yellowish color it stained my white toothbrush yellow, too. Due to some not-too-good ingredients (coco sulfate, carrageenan) and the irritation it causes I wont be bying this again.

This gave me an allergic reaction!

Posted by acidwash06 on Apr 29, 2012

I wish I could say that I love this toothpaste, cause the taste is really nice. But, unfortunately, it gave me an allergic reaction. After using it, my tongue swelled and became incredibly sore. My mouth hurts so bad I can barely eat. Let's just say I'm not gonna be using it again, and I wish I'd never tried it.

Disappointment

Posted by Reviewer2446624 on Jan 07, 2012

I have been very satisfied with Now Food products, but this toothpaste was a disappointment. After using this, I got a bad reaction in my mouth - my gums bled and got very painful sores. It took many days before I could even eat or drink normally. Other XyliWhite Toothpaste didn't cause me any reaction.