Now Foods, Zinc Picolinate, 50 mg, 120 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Working Great!

Posted by Reviewer2646290 From California on Jun 12, 2010

I did a zinc taste test first using Ethical Nutrients zinc sulphate. Currently using Now Zinc Picolinate supplement to correct my zinc level. It's working great and is gentle on my system. I have used other Now products in the past and am very pleased with this one too. Our ability to absorb zinc declines with age and a deficiency can lead to numerous health conditions. Digestive disorders and certain medications (diuretics, blood pressure, acid suppressing, oral contraceptives, non-bioidentical hormone replacement) deplete zinc. Vegetarians and vegans especially need to monitor levels. Besides strengthening the immune system, zinc is instrumental in healing wounds, stabilizing blood glucose, neurological function, sense of taste and smell, normal growth during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence; protects against macular degeneration, helps boost libido, effectively treats acne, eczema, and eating disorders.

Dana

Posted by Reviewer2862251 From Michigan on Aug 29, 2008

This product has cleared up my daughter's acne. It took about 4-6 months of 50 mg daily. We also have not had a cold or the flu even after exposure since taking this supplement.

Great for Acne!

Posted by Reviewer1404523 From Texas on Jun 05, 2010

I bought Now Zinc Picolinate to try and help my son with all his allergies. I was shocked when his face got completely clear of acne for the first time ever, within 3 weeks of taking this zinc product! I give him about 100 mg. The acne has not returned!!!

No stomach upset

Posted by Reviewer2654689 From Pennsylvania on Feb 26, 2009

I bought this based on the reviews. This is the only zinc I have ever taken that did not upset my stomach in any way.

An easier way to take zinc.

Posted by Reviewer1358031 From Great Britain on Mar 06, 2008

Zinc piccolinate seems to be much gentler on the sysem than Zinc citrate, which gives me a sore bladder. CFTE