Good zinc; need to have copper also

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Jan 05, 2014

I was taking this for eczema and it seemed to help some. Then I switched to a zinc formula with copper, which made a much bigger difference. It probably was due to an imbalance I had in minerals.

Now Zinc

Posted by HealthSavvy on Sep 07, 2012

Not good enough quality - says my specialist - switched to Thorne Brand.

easy to take

Posted by cot477 on Nov 02, 2009

this zinc product is easy to take, with no after taste in the mouth or from the stomach. it doesn't create any nausea, with or without food. i take one each night with magnesium and p5p (my own ZMA mix - look up ZMA on iherb) before bed and i sleep VERY well. it took a few days for it to kick in but now i feel the effect. my only concern is that 50mg exceeds the daily max of 30mg and this amount can throw off copper levels, creating serious health problems. i won't take 50mg daily for a long time without consulting my doctor.

Fillers

Posted by bpopplewell on Feb 03, 2016

Good overall product. I like the fact that there is 50mg per cap and did help my kids who have pyroluria? However, can no longer use as Now uses rice flour as a filler, which we can not take, being a grain, thus a carbohydrate, and is unable to be taken on starch free candida diet. More understanding is required by companies making their products, if they would like more people to buy. There are a lot more people going on grain free paleo diets also. There is no indicator that the rice used is GMO free either.

This is medicine for me...

Posted by philla on Dec 30, 2013

Zinc is THE enzyme activator. As a person with a condtion called 'pyroluria' I need Zinc, Manganese and overall a very well tailored B complex to cope. Amongst other nutrients which are reviewed on my page. This Picolinate form of Zinc is one of the most bio-available of all the zinc chelates and salts. It's generously formulated and remember that mono-supplementation will get you into the confusing land of 'acquired deficiencies' (beware, been there, done that). Minerals are all about of checks and balances on milli- and macro- level. Manganese, selenium and chromium are minerals I like to balance with Zinc.

Affordable zinc product and works ...

Posted by acumen on Apr 04, 2014

… very well as your zinc source. PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

Great stuff

Posted by 4890306603018814775 on Apr 22, 2014

This zinc is the best! Since I have been taking it (4or so months) I have had one minior cold that never made it past the runny nose stage. As somone who is suseptible to colds/viruses this is a huge improvement.

Work well

Posted by MandyEm on Feb 01, 2013

Especially in conjunction with Vitamin C to get rid of a cold.

Affordable, quality zinc

Posted by Reviewer3298857 on Jun 19, 2012

Zinc strengthens the immune system and helps against acne to a certain extent (works miraculously for some people). I personally open a capsule and divide roughly in two to take with 2 lysine tablets twice a day: never felt better!

Adrenal/Immune support

Posted by philbeer on Jun 23, 2012

During the start of the cold season, and working in hospitality within a hospital, alot of people were getting sick around me. I supplemented with this particular Zinc product, and maintained my health and avoided sickness altogether. I take this product with a Vitamin C botanical in the morning before heading off to work.