Best taste, but beware!

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Nov 02, 2007

The good news is there's a no-carbohydrate variety. However, this product contains 1 gm of maltodextrin per serving. Maltodextrin is a carbohydrate with one of the highest glycemic values of any food - 137! I will no longer purchase this product because I use more than one serving when I use it, which means a greater spike in glucose and insulin levels. Because the GI value is so high, this causes the same effect as eating any other sugar-laden food. How ironic is this, but unfortunately it's very true. Go for the no-carbohydrate variety.

tablets better

Posted by Reviewer3180222 on Nov 05, 2007

The sweetness is inconsistant.It is more ecomomical.I use it for cooking and use the Nunaturals tablets for my coffee and tea.

good price

Posted by Reviewer1980327 on Jan 09, 2008

Not nearly as concentrated as NOW white stevia powder, you have to use at least 2-3 X as much of this product but the price is so right that it is ok.

NuNaturals NuStevia

Posted by Reviewer1911127 on Feb 08, 2009

I was really pleased with the quick service with this product. I wish it was one of the stevia's without the liquorice aftertaste I'm finding I dont use it as much as I expected as some recipes are spoiled with the aftertaste.

Interesting

Posted by Reviewer1673715 on Aug 15, 2009

This is the first time I've used stevia, so I am learning its properties. It flavored iced tea without any bitterness. However, it did not dissolve well in a homemade vinaigrette. I could taste pockets of sweetness.

They state this brand has less bitter taste,

Posted by Reviewer1165315 on Oct 04, 2009

but it's still there. I have come accustomed to the taste so it is not a drawback for me. I enjoy having the convenience of being able to scoop what I need for cooking or baking, and not having to tear open small packets and try to measure. Still pricey.

OK, but....

Posted by Reviewer2072287 on Mar 28, 2010

..we like the Stevia Concentrate by Kal better.

stevia powder

Posted by Reviewer3245568 on Jul 02, 2010

This is a good product , I still prefer the tablets as they do not have the very slight bitter taste of the powder but the powder is good for cooking.

pretty good, a little bitter in liquid

Posted by Reviewer1332199 on Jul 11, 2010

I notice a little after taste when I add this stevia to hot liquids.

good and effective product at a reasonable price

Posted by Reviewer1842372 on Apr 16, 2011

It's taste is not as bitter as other stevia products, however it contains maltodextrin and I am not sure about it's efficacy.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »