best sugar alternative around

Posted by Reviewer3330104 on Feb 17, 2010

great value, smooth fast delivery, top marks!

Erythritol - The forgotten bulk sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2422940 on Feb 11, 2010

I-Herb delivered and excellent product, Erythritol to my door. What most people do not know when they buy sugar free products is that most are sweetened with sugar alcohols which serve as bulk sweeteners and sugar replacements. Most such sugar alcohols are inferior products and have 1/2 to 2/3 the calories of sugar plus excessive glycemic impact. This is not the case with erythritol whcih has only 5 calories per ounce and a glycemic index of zero. Most manufacturers do not care about the health of the consumer and use much inferior sugar alcohols (like maltitol) that add needless calories plus they cause more digestive disturbance and loose stool than Erythritol. Complaining will not do you any good. The companies all think we are stupid. Hershey belongs in the Hall of candy shame for replacing erythritol with maltitol

good price

Posted by Reviewer3051410 on Feb 07, 2010

diabetic friendly

Great sweet substitute!

Posted by Reviewer1239685 on Jan 30, 2010

I've been following Suzanne Somers weight loss program and 'her' more expensive sweetener has Erythritol in it. Yours is a great and less expensive substitute for sugar and my weight has at least stabilized while getting sugar out of my diet. It's easy to cook with as well. Thank you.

NuNaturals artificial sugar

Posted by Reviewer1733620 on Jan 28, 2010

Overall it is a good product..looks and feels the same as sugar but that's where the comparison ends. It is not as sweet as sugar, even though it claims to be amd it does not dissolve in water well, like ice tea. It does a little better in hot tea or coffee. I am trying it because it was one of the sugars listed on the Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise.I also detect an aftertaste that I cannot describe...I probably wont order this again. It's allot of money for 5 lbs.

Fantastic sugar replacement for baking!

Posted by Reviewer3065264 on Jan 24, 2010

Erythritol is a wonderful, natural replacement for sugar in baking. It does cause intestinal side effects when used in large amounts, so I tend to combine it with other sweeteners (such a NuNaturals More Fiber Baking Blend). However, erythritol has a shape and texture similar to cane sugar, which makes it possible to cream butter and do other things which can be essential in baking, all without the side effects of sugar on your blood sugar levels.

Absolutely Great

Posted by Reviewer2315939 on Jan 20, 2010

You guys are the best! Best shipping, best customer service, best selections, deals, products. Pleasure doing business and I WILL AGAIN.

NuNaturals, Pure Erythritol Crystals

Posted by Reviewer2194030 on Jan 14, 2010

THIS IS THE ONLY SUGAR SUBSTITUTE I USE. IT TASTES CLOSEST TO REAL SUGAR THAN ALL THE REST. PROS; ZERO CALORIES -ZERO GLYCEMIC-TASTE. CONS; PRICE-YOU HAVE TO USE ALMOST TWICE AS MUCH TO GET THE SWEETNESS. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO DIABETICS.

best deal around

Posted by Reviewer2232125 on Jan 13, 2010

great product

works for us

Posted by Reviewer1449176 on Jan 07, 2010

My husband is diabetic and erythritol I can use in all cooking and baking and it acts the most like sugar of all the substitutes we have tried. No rises in blood sugar either. No bitter aftertaste.