Sugar Substitute

Posted by Reviewer1523386 on Jun 20, 2009

I'm happy with this product; there isn't an aftertaste. It's not as sweet as sugar so you will have to use more of it to get the same desired sweetness.

Fast and easy!!

Posted by Reviewer1700768 on Jun 02, 2009

Not as sweet as I hoped, but mixed with stevia and tasted much better.

NOT INTERESTED IN BEING A RUNNER

Posted by Reviewer2093033 on Apr 14, 2010

The person who said it wasn't as sweet as sugar (or in my case Splenda) certainly has a gift for understatement. Just to APPROACH the same sweetness, I would have to use 10 teaspoons of this where I would use 3 of Splenda. Again even that just gives the vague sense of sweetness; it is still definitely not sweet. But MY GOD the laxative effect as a consequence!!! It also doesn't dissolve in cold drinks. You definitely have to start with hot water then dissolve the Erythritol, then add cold water and ice if you want a cold drink. I don't want to go back to Splenda; I'm not convinced it is a good alternative to sugar and I still haven't found a stevia that suits my tastes. It is a real shame, because if it weren't for the laxative effect, I think I would even deal with having to use so much to make something sweet. I definitely notice I have had no sweet tooth when using Erythritol. Until I started using Erythritol I didn't realize my constant sweet tooth was related Splenda use. But I shouldn't have to spend the entire day running to the bathroom.

Waste of My Money!

Posted by 5474883910781704131 on Oct 21, 2012

I have to say despite the many complaints about the lack of sweetness I decided to trust the many good reviews on this product. As soon as I tasted it I new I was not happy. It is barely sweet at all. It takes way to much to sweeten my coffee. The final blow was the dance I did across the main aisle at Lowe's after my stomach began to gargle I had a full blown 5 alarm emergency on my hands and I was lucky I was seconds away of never being able to show my face in there again! I would highly recommend the NuNaturals brand NuStevia Stevia it contains maltdextron but is considered all natrual and it really makes the best sweet tea and kool aid you will ever taste. I would use there Stevia even if I could have sugar it really is awesome.I have used it for over 5 years and love it. IHerb is the best deal because they sell it in a 5lb bulk bag. Stevia is very sweet so this bag will last my family of 6 3 to 4 months! Sorry but I would highly recommend saving your money on the Erythritol or stay close to a bathroom. One last thing compared to the Stevia which 5lbs would be closer to 20lbs of sugar where Erythritol crystals are lb for lb equal to sugar so that's like paying 30 dollars for 5 dollars worth of sugar. Example a tablespoon and a half of NuStevia replaces 1 cups of sugar in Kool Aid and the kids love it! Good Luck :)

Pleased With This

Posted by 5043508982893853616 on Nov 30, 2012

Expensive, but worth it for those who need it.

Just like regular sugar

Posted by 5359732692275291696 on Jan 13, 2013

Great taste, slightly "COOL" when you taste it.it's not as strong sweetness as the regular refine sugar. But I like the way it is. milder sweetness" serves me well. 2 thumbs up!

One of many good Erythritol products

Posted by Reviewer2157875 on Jan 27, 2013

I use erythritol in everything (where I would like some sweetness). I wouldn't recommend to use it alone for baking, because the taste gets too strong, but it works well to mix it up with stevia or other natural sweeteners.

Good product, fast delivery

Posted by 5727935313481482496 on Sep 20, 2013

Good product delivered really fast (across the Atlantic Ocean) :-) Highly recommended!

Erythritol Crystals

Posted by Reviewer2970957 on Mar 20, 2011

We bought this as a cost savings move and health move over regular sugar. We had been investing in Truvia, but found that this was a better buy. Truvia adds a couple of other ingredients which adds flavor to the product, this does not have these ingredients and produces a flavorless sweet sensation, which is good. 0 calories makes it better for our current diet. Hard to dissolve, have read that if you heat them slightly, they will melt. Have not tried this yet, but will the next time I want to add to a cold glass of lemon juice. So far, so good.

Great product great price!

Posted by Reviewer2280138 on May 22, 2011

I've been looking for several years for this product in a more affordable size than the supermarket. Thanks a million for carrying this and keeping the price LOW! It's WONDERFUL no calorie natural alternative for sugar. Reccommend to anyone cutting calories or who can't eat sugar. Anyone who researched the long term effects of artifical sugar substitues whould never put any in their body, that includes many that claim to be natural but are not.