Works well as a replacement for sugar

Posted by Reviewer2841114 on Jul 29, 2008

In hot chocolate and in baking I have found it to be a good replacement, but to be fair I have blended it with xylitol, at a 50:50 ratio.

NuNaturals Erythritol

Posted by Reviewer2361769 on Sep 20, 2009

NuNaturals, Pure Erythritol is a very good sugar substitute. It gives a good flavor with low calories and no stomach upset. It is great for baking as it gives you the same consistency as sugar with out the carbs. You need to add a little stevia to give the sweetness of regular sugar but you get the best of both with the combination.

Waste of My Money!

Posted by 5474883910781704131 on Oct 21, 2012

I have to say despite the many complaints about the lack of sweetness I decided to trust the many good reviews on this product. As soon as I tasted it I new I was not happy. It is barely sweet at all. It takes way to much to sweeten my coffee. The final blow was the dance I did across the main aisle at Lowe's after my stomach began to gargle I had a full blown 5 alarm emergency on my hands and I was lucky I was seconds away of never being able to show my face in there again! I would highly recommend the NuNaturals brand NuStevia Stevia it contains maltdextron but is considered all natrual and it really makes the best sweet tea and kool aid you will ever taste. I would use there Stevia even if I could have sugar it really is awesome.I have used it for over 5 years and love it. IHerb is the best deal because they sell it in a 5lb bulk bag. Stevia is very sweet so this bag will last my family of 6 3 to 4 months! Sorry but I would highly recommend saving your money on the Erythritol or stay close to a bathroom. One last thing compared to the Stevia which 5lbs would be closer to 20lbs of sugar where Erythritol crystals are lb for lb equal to sugar so that's like paying 30 dollars for 5 dollars worth of sugar. Example a tablespoon and a half of NuStevia replaces 1 cups of sugar in Kool Aid and the kids love it! Good Luck :)

NOT INTERESTED IN BEING A RUNNER

Posted by Reviewer2093033 on Apr 14, 2010

The person who said it wasn't as sweet as sugar (or in my case Splenda) certainly has a gift for understatement. Just to APPROACH the same sweetness, I would have to use 10 teaspoons of this where I would use 3 of Splenda. Again even that just gives the vague sense of sweetness; it is still definitely not sweet. But MY GOD the laxative effect as a consequence!!! It also doesn't dissolve in cold drinks. You definitely have to start with hot water then dissolve the Erythritol, then add cold water and ice if you want a cold drink. I don't want to go back to Splenda; I'm not convinced it is a good alternative to sugar and I still haven't found a stevia that suits my tastes. It is a real shame, because if it weren't for the laxative effect, I think I would even deal with having to use so much to make something sweet. I definitely notice I have had no sweet tooth when using Erythritol. Until I started using Erythritol I didn't realize my constant sweet tooth was related Splenda use. But I shouldn't have to spend the entire day running to the bathroom.

Top quality, great price point

Posted by Reviewer2055065 on Apr 16, 2012

Eryrithritol is my sweetner of choice. It gives me zero digestive problems, has less calories than any other sugar alcohol, and this NuNaturals 5lbs bag from iHerb arrived in just 4 days with free shipping. The package was perfect, no moisture or clumping, perfect micro-fine cystal throughout.

Great Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1734894 on Jul 03, 2011

Google the Miracle Brownie recipe. I put the crystals in my coffee grinder to power it, which also increases the volume. Using it for jams and baking, fantastic!

Love

Posted by hearthANDgnome on Sep 14, 2013

Have purchased several bags. Xylitol gives me bloat. But, Erythritol doesn't do that to me.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1909366 on Aug 04, 2009

I love erythritol, it works fabulously for sugar-free baking! IHerb has the best price.

Best non artificial sugar alternative i have had :)))

Posted by Reviewer1911128 on Mar 07, 2012

I read about the nunaturals products (stevia extract powder and erythritol crystals, combined and powdered) on the healthy indulgences blog- I am so glad I did! It's the best non artificial sugar alternative that i have had. I do want to learn more about the processing, but in the meantime i LOVE these two products together for a nice clean sweet :). Even my husband who can sniff out a subtle aftertaste, likes it.

Sugar substitute

Posted by Reviewer1938558 on Sep 14, 2010

Sweetens very similar to sugar, only no calories. Sweetens very similar to xylitol, only no gas!